Verizon Apple iPad available October 28th

J

JohnDroid

This news is just too big to ignore. Verizon has gone to the dark side. Verizon has an Apple iPad pre-order page up on the VerizonWireless.com website now allowing you to order an Apple iPad with Verizon network support by bundling it with the MiFi. The date of availability? October 28th.

This is big. I don't think there can be any doubt about the Apple iPhone coming to Verizon anymore. So now we are faced with the prospect of Big Red carrying the two most recently dominant cellphone platforms. Battles like this are usually the best thing for the consumer as it increases competition from everyone involved and generally results in lower prices.

Get ready for a major rumble, you'll soon be able to compare "Apples to Apples" with the Verizon Apple iPad.

You can check out the pre-order page here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/ipad.jsp

Update: Here's the Apple link as well: Verizon Wireless Offers iPad at Stores Nationwide on October 28

barski

Reaction score
They must have a massive amount of traffic coming in or their doing some changes because i get connection timed out when trying to access any of Verizon.

OP
J

JohnDroid

They must have a massive amount of traffic coming in or their doing some changes because i get connection timed out when trying to access any of Verizon.

I hope that Verizon doesn't pressure any Android Tablets to "abandon" plans since they've announced this. Stingray, MZ600, etc.

Jmart922

Reaction score
Whoa never thought the day would come...if this would indicate the iPhone 4 is indeed coming then they better be packing cause the android army ain't goibgto be backing down! Lol the. Motor T2 will terminate all girly men who buy the fruit maker

Darkseider

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but the wording on that ad doesn't say it is a CDMA 3G iPad...

It says... "Now you can connect Apple iPad with WiFi just about anywhere with the MiFi mobile Hotspot."

Sorry but this is not a 3G CDMA iPad but some bastardization of the iPad Wifi and VZW MiFi hotspot. As I suspected. I just checked the tech twitter feeds I follow and it is just that. VZW's MiFi hotspot bundled in and using a Wifi iPad. NO 3G. Guess that dashes the hopes of a CDMA iPhone now, doesn't it.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Let's see if Big Red will cater to Apple and push their Droid line to the side for the iPhone.

I hope not.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe we'll see the iPad 2 release with LTE/CDMA support.. That would certainly one-up AT&T.

wmnomore

Reaction score
" Guess that dashes the hopes of a CDMA iPhone now, doesn't it"

I don't understand this statement at all.
What does an ipad have to do with an iphone? absolutely nothing.
Just an attempt to steal sales from samsung and be a gateway drug for future iphone losers.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I think we can end the "what ifs" now .....Although, was the any exclusive deals with the iPad and AT&T?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It means Apple is on Verizon, and they aren't going to come over without their cash cow the iPhone.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
It means Apple is on Verizon, and they aren't going to come over without their cash cow the iPhone.

Exactly - regardless of the fact that this is not a CDMA iPad, or if the iPhone comes over CDMA enabled (vs an LTE iPhone), this is a meshing of two worlds that, previously, wouldn't touch each other with a 10 foot pole.

It's all about the $$$ - Verizon's not stupid from a business standpoint. Regardless of the Android hacking community's thoughts on Apple, they make money, and they bring the potential for a whole new set of customers coming over to VZW.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

Exactly - regardless of the fact that this is not a CDMA iPad, or if the iPhone comes over CDMA enabled (vs an LTE iPhone), this is a meshing of two worlds that, previously, wouldn't touch each other with a 10 foot pole.

It's all about the $$$ - Verizon's not stupid from a business standpoint. Regardless of the Android hacking community's thoughts on Apple, they make money, and they bring the potential for a whole new set of customers coming over to VZW.
Exactly, this move makes all the sense in the world for both Verizon and Apple. This has been a cash cow in waiting and now it seems is coming to fruition. I am looking forward to the competition we are about to see. If nothing else, it should spur manufactures to get innovative with new technology.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

JollyRoger

Reaction score

This. I don't think you can have the iPad without the eventual introduction of the iPhone. Maybe later on, but now that Apple has a foot in the door, it's a matter of time.

akula1

Reaction score
Big Deal - Not!

This is a no brainer for anyone that wants to use the Ipad on the best network around.

I've been using the Ipad WiFi with my MyFi or my rooted Droid for the last 6 months. A 10 year old could have made this connection months ago. You can even make outgoing and incoming calls with it.

This way you have the best of both world, a Ipad that is worth a damn, and a Droid that kicks butt.

Long live Droid!!!