Verizon anounces the 2.1.605.5 OTA update

rtb

Reaction score
I got this update today and it installed quickly. No reboot. Anyone else have this happen?

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's exactly how mine went. Very fast with no re-boot. Check the build number in your phone settings and it should be the most current one. If it is, you're good to go.

Brockjava

Reaction score
Forced Update

I received the forced updated early this morning. It did do a forced reboot. They system is now reporting:

Android Version:

HTC Sense Version:

Software Number:

Right away I noticed under quick settings that the mobile network on and off ACTUALLY WORKS!

With the old Gingerbread version the mobile data would actually turn on and off randomly.

wowings

Reaction score
I have never had any real issues with my TB except battery life. The update got VM motivation back - worth the update. My battery life did not increase. Still at 1/3 brightness and all the other suggestions. I am giving some serious thought to the extended battery. For those who experienced better battery life, what did you change or what do you suggest? I play a few games of solitaire, check 25-30 emails and respond, check internet sites 10-15 times a day, and check Droid Forum site and read 20 or so responses a day. I need to recharge twice a day. Help? Is the extended battery my best choice?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

PhishyKris

Reaction score
have had the 2750 HTC batt since the day i got it. best thing ever...all day with no worries...heavy usage.

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
have had the 2750 htc batt since the day i got it. Best thing ever...all day with no worries...heavy usage.

agreed have the 2750 battery and is great lasts all day and then some

sent from my gingerbreadless thunderbolt

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
don't get the aftermarket personally own is the way to go

not own i meant oem (original equipment manufacturer)

kparks

Reaction score
Thanks so much.

Send Verizon customer servace a email or a call and explaine to them how unhappy u have been with the stock battery and have been holding out for these updates to Improve the battery but thy have done minimal if any help to the problem and request a free battery just be nice and all... They sent me one for free..but if not they should atleast give u a discount...

wowings

Reaction score
Thanks so much. I will keep you posted after touching base with VZW tomorrow.

chrishodnicki

Reaction score
New Update

I got the update this AM and so far, I've noticed the following:
1- My notification bar icons have changed. Not a big deal, but I prefer the old. The new ones are more subdued.
2- When I tap on my home screen clock, it immediately opens up the world clock now, as opposed to the desk clock like it used to, which I prefer.
3- Once the desk top clock is open, the twilight icon functions have changed.
4- As for the new Apps, widgets and icons, (New Homescreen Experience / Full Dock App), I haven't noticed a difference or addition, as mentioned one Verizon's PDF - benefits to the update. I also can't even find a Full Dock App in the App Store of on me T Bolt.

There is one positive aspect to the download:
1- The calendar colors are brighter, more clearly identifying appointments and their length.