Verizon anounces the 2.1.605.5 OTA update

xrstoy1

Reaction score
Standard data charges may apply. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. © 2011 Verizon Wireless. 1011-E0428​
SOFTWARE UPDATE​
Get the most out of yourThunderBolt by HTC.
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update, Build Number: 2.11.605.5;Baseband: 1.48.00.0906w_1, 0.01.78.0906w_2, for your ThunderBolt™ by HTC. This updateprovides several improvements for your device, as well as upgrading to the Android 2.3(Gingerbread) Operating System (OS).​
For step-by-step instructions on how to perform this download,please visit​
verizonwireless.com/thunderboltsupport
ThunderBolt by HTC​
Enhancements:​
+​
Download Manager App:
New App to manage all of your downloads from web browsing,email attachments and other apps.​
+ App and Power Management Details:​
Under Manage Applications, a new “Running” tab displays a list of activeapplications and the storage and memory being used by each. Powerefficiency mode option has also been added under Settings > Power.​
+ New Desktop User Interface:​
New widgets, icons and screens with refreshed colors.​
+ Full Dock Mode App:​
This App includes three shortcuts at the bottom: Gallery, Musicand Calendar. In addition, this mode showcases Friend Streamupdates, upcoming meeting invites, notifications, weather clockand has a slide show as the background wallpaper. Within this App,a user can also enable the mobile hotspot in dock mode.​
Additional Device Features:​
+ Alarm notifications will no longer appear while in Emergency Mode.+ Improved security features that reduce device vulnerability.+ Improved data connectivity.+ Improved audio quality while using Bluetooth®.+ Bluetooth security patch has been included.+ Decreased wait time when saving audio attachments.+ Basic voicemail notification will now notify when a newvoicemail has been received.+ V CAST Tones now comes preloaded.+ New Google Books app.+ Enhanced UI for data roaming.+ SMS messages will no longer send to incorrect recipient on rare occasions.+ Reduced Force Close errors while using TuneWiki.+ Reduced Force Close errors when using the front camera.+ Audio on BT Car Kit no longer reroutes to phone when receiving a SMS message.​
Verizon Wireless and HT C encourage you to download this update.

mpuchalski

Reaction score
Has this been released yet? Anyone getting it? I'm not able to update it so far.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
It'll start getting pushed out in the next day or two. Patience is a virtue...that I don't have.

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
It'll start getting pushed out in the next day or two. Patience is a virtue...that I don't have.

How do u know it'll be out in a day or 2

SENT FROM MY GINGERBREADLESS THUNDERBOLT

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's just been their typical timing once they put it on their website as "coming soon". Nothing more than past history which may or may not be accurate.

phil1166

Reaction score
My question is what about the people like me who downloaded the 1st gingerbread update before it was pulled? I assume I'll be able to download it as well.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that you will be able to download it since it has a different build number. If for some reason you can't, I'm sure the very knowledgable and helpful folks at Verizon can get it on you phone. Everyone deserves to have it since it fixes problems that are still there following the first release and actually created new problems as well.

Reaction score
I just got the forced update just seconds ago. Hopefully everything is working better.

jkingston05

Reaction score
Just noticed it was rebooting, then saw it was because of the update. I just got the last update, so everyone that did should get this. Hopefully this fixes everything until ICS. Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

mattdaddy24

Reaction score
That's what it says for me to what's that mean

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
"Service unavailable" just means that they haven't pushed it to your phone yet. They will. I got the first GB update a few weeks ago and just got the new version a few minutes ago. It downloaded in about one second. The full update will take much longer to download. It was so fast that I thought the phone had stopped it, but the build number is the new one so it came through. We'll see if the problems are fixed and if they created any new ones.