Verizon activation question

TwoBuells

Reaction score
Verizon activation question. I have a friend that is selling me a Droid 2. I have a Droid 1 with a two year contract. Can I turn off my Droid 1 and activate the Droid 2 (same number as Droid 1) without telling Verizon? do they have to know?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Why not tell them? If the ESN is good won't matter.

Sent from somewhere...

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why not tell them? If the ESN is good won't matter.

Sent from somewhere...

Yep, Verizon doesnt care what smartphone you're using, as long as the ESN is good and you have the data plan.

OP
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

Reaction score
Why not tell them?

thought maybe it might void my contract.

I had a bad speaker on my first Droid, I had to unroot to return the broken phone and so I went through the activation process with the new (rebuilt) phone they sent me. it was easy. unrooting the phone was a chore but this place helped a lot.

I really just want a second phone as a spare. If I'm playing around some night with roms and themes and get stuck, I don't want to go to work the next day without a phone.

thanks for the tips.....

Last edited:

David526

Reaction score
Yes you definitely can. Just power off your Droid 1, dial *228 from the Droid 2. It will ask you to enter the phone number you want to activate on the Droid 2. Type it in. It will then ask you for your account password. Type it in. It will play music for about 45 seconds while it activates. Voila! I just dis this last week and it took about 2 mins max, worked like a charm, and I didn't even have to bother with a rep.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Droid Forums App