Using the Browser/GPS/3rd Party App to Save Places as a contact

Archrage

Reaction score
Does anyone know of how to save a place, like a restaurant as a contact, including (at least), the phone number and the address, but preferably also include their logo as a contact icon? Is there a way to do this in the browser or GPS, or is there a 3rd party app that will let me do it? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question and I'm just missing something, but i tried to search and couldn't come up with anything useful.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Maps (and Nav) will let you save to a contact. From the main address screen for the company (where you can choose to "show on map, get directions or navigate" just scroll down and there's a "add as a contact" selection. The default browser will usually pull any address from a website into the Map application so you can just add as a contact from there (not sure about other browsers, I'll try on xScope tonight).

Edit:
Confirmed in xScope... went to www.RebelBrewer.com and tapped their address (from the contact page) that pull up the Map and I then selected the location and it pulled up the details and "add to contact" was at the bottom.

Last edited:
OP
Archrage

Archrage

Reaction score
sorry for being an idiot but how do i get to that screen again? can you kinda walk me through it for the motorola droid?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
If your in the browser just select the address (though it has to be properly formatted, normally found on the 'contact' page). That will then open Maps and show the business on the map (with a little pin). Just select the pin or the name and it will bring up a menu. The last option on the menu should be "add to contact."

OP
Archrage

Archrage

Reaction score
thanks man, i think i got it working, or at least being able to put an address in from my contacts without having to manually type it.

OP
Archrage

Archrage

Reaction score
If your in the browser just select the address (though it has to be properly formatted, normally found on the 'contact' page). That will then open Maps and show the business on the map (with a little pin). Just select the pin or the name and it will bring up a menu. The last option on the menu should be "add to contact."

Okay, apparently i was wrong, cause when i bring it up to save, it looks like it is trying to save a new contact entry with the address as the name of the business, and its address. I also didn't notice if this actually included a phone number for the business or not.