Using premade map in google navigation help!

r1nstang

Reaction score
Quick question for everyone. I ride a motorcycle and like to go on long rides out in the middle of nowhere. I use my GPS navigation on my phone and just wear an earbud so I can hear the commands instead of having to look at the phone.
My question is. I've plotted routes on Googlemaps.com save them to MY Maps. Go into google maps on my phone they load up perfect. But if I had to set multiple "destination points" because the route is too long that I was at first getting the error that it was too long it couldnt be used on the phone....whatever. made some randon "destinations" along my route

But heres the real issue. When I try to use navigation on any of those pre-made routes it asks me for end point.... which if I chose the last destination on my route...it reroutes the whole thing instead of following my plotted route.
Is there anyway to get navigation turn by turn basis for a pre made map? I've googled around the internet and have had no luck finding anything

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope. Not that I've found anyway. You can follow the custom route in Google Maps but Nav won't guide you along the custom route.

billynair

Reaction score
i was wondering this myself, ive only had the phone a few weeks. I played with making stars along the way, and just hitting the next star after i get to one. It was more trouble than it was worth.

But My question to you is, what do you do to charge your phone? I was thinking of just wiring a cigarette charger to the batter and have hang out the side of the seat, but I would rather use a "cleaner" method.

steveb_rider

Reaction score
billnair - burns moto (www.burnsmoto.com) makes a nice aftermarket usb charger with several battery connection options and they are affordable and fast to ship. You might want to check them out.

r1stang - I've been trying to work this out as well, but i am also having issue getting the droid x to even "follow" a pre-made map. if I come up with anything i'll post it back here