Using Droid instead of iPod?

girlred2

Reaction score
Dumb question but i'm not that tech savy and wondering why people download lots of songs to their phone...sorry, Droid. Do you use the Droid instead of an iPod or other mp3 player? I feel like if i used it to listen to music while excersising etc the battery would die very quickly? Definately want to get the most out of the Droid...just wondering what people use it for. Thanks!

Darkseider

Reaction score
Dumb question but i'm not that tech savy and wondering why people download lots of songs to their phone...sorry, Droid. Do you use the Droid instead of an iPod or other mp3 player? I feel like if i used it to listen to music while excersising etc the battery would die very quickly? Definately want to get the most out of the Droid...just wondering what people use it for. Thanks!

Unless your exercising 12+ hours a day I wouldn't worry about it. Generally speaking 3 hours of MP3 = 20% battery.

Sal

Reaction score

It's a little heavy for exercising, I find, but I am using it instead of an ipod. Like having everything with me on the run or at the gym -- phone, email, my music and all the internet radio I get from XiiaLive (DroidLive) and other such apps.

warrior21

Reaction score
I personally use an ipod for most of my music needs just because it's convenient at the gym and my car stereo is set up for it but I know there are plenty of members that put music on their droid. It's nice to have the option if I want to though

Last edited:
R

Romple

I use it as my primary media player, and go running with it (with Cardio Trainer!)

OP
G

girlred2

Reaction score

It's a little heavy for exercising, I find, but I am using it instead of an ipod. Like having everything with me on the run or at the gym -- phone, email, my music and all the internet radio I get from XiiaLive (DroidLive) and other such apps.

wow...there's internet radio? who knew? Jeezus I know nothing! I may be unworthy of the Droid! :icon_eek: Are there classes or something? LOL

Reaction score
I work on an ambulance and I listen mp3s for about 7 hours straight with internet use, text, and phone calls and it gets down about 30% or so.

R

Romple

wow...there's internet radio? who knew? Jeezus I know nothing! I may be unworthy of the Droid! :icon_eek: Are there classes or something? LOL

Yea, DroidForums.net ;-p

OP
G

girlred2

Reaction score

Yea, DroidForums.net ;-p

I'm trying to keep up but it's one of those things that I don't know what I don't know! I'm just not that cool. so...like, currently I connect my iPod to a cable in my car...how does the Droid connect to your car? Sorry folks...bare with me please! I'm wicked smmaaaahht (as we like to say in Boston) about some things...clearly this is not one of them!

Another_Dude

Reaction score
My iPod touch hasn't been used since I got my Droid. I put about 15 hours worth of music on the SD card, but I'm running Pandora about 40 hours a week. My truck has a bluetooth head unit, so when I'm driving the Droid goes in the mount and I listen to it through the audio system on road trips.

R

Romple

Yea, DroidForums.net ;-p

I'm trying to keep up but it's one of those things that I don't know what I don't know! I'm just not that cool. so...like, currently I connect my iPod to a cable in my car...how does the Droid connect to your car? Sorry folks...bare with me please! I'm wicked smmaaaahht (as we like to say in Boston) about some things...clearly this is not one of them!

One thing at a time! ;-)

How do you connect your iPod to your car?

The standard ways for a Droid (and everything really, except if your car has an iPod interface w/ the Apple connector) are
  • 3.5mm aux cable, but your car has to have an aux jack in it. (standard stereo headset jack)
  • Bluetooth, if you have a stereo that actually has bluetooth and supports the A2DP protocol.
  • The 3.5mm to tape adapter.
  • FM adapter.

Take your pick ;-p I have a bluetooth head unit like Another_Dude.

OP
G

girlred2

Reaction score
Yea, DroidForums.net ;-p

One thing at a time! ;-)

The standard ways are
  • 3.5mm aux cable, but your car has to have an aux jack in it. (standard stereo headset jack)
  • Bluetooth, if you have a stereo that actually has bluetooth and supports the A2DP protocol.
  • FM adapter.

That's it...the aux cable! Knew it would sound familiar. My car (Acura TL) also has the bluetooth integrated into the navigation system so I wonder if that would somehow work, too? Thank you all so much! I'm really I good person...

R

Romple

You're welcome. Provided me at least a few minutes of entertainment at work lol.

Try pairing your Droid. If it works it works and that's definitely the cleanest way to go. I love just getting in my car, starting up Pandora and having it automatically play through my car.

Wireless is the way to go!

Sal

Reaction score

One thing at a time! ;-)

The standard ways are
  • FM adapter.

That's it...the aux cable! Knew it would sound familiar. My car (Acura TL) also has the bluetooth integrated into the navigation system so I wonder if that would somehow work, too? Thank you all so much! I'm really I good person...

Bluetooth would totally work, and without wires! You just have to pari the Droid with the car. In "Wireless and Networks" under the main settings menu, you'll see bluetooth options. Not sure about the Acura part.