Using Droid 2 Mobile Hotspot on Desktop

SouthernBelle

Reaction score
So I've just jumped head first into the land on the Droid and am curious about this Mobile Hotspot business.

Please assume that I know just about zero about all of this, so "dumb it down" for me...

I am reading alot about using PDANet to connect to my desktop (I believe my USB port is involved). Can anyone explain how, EXACTLY, I can use my Droid 2 Mobile Hotspot to connect my desktop to the internet. We have a separate wireless plan through VZW on the desktop (with a little USB modem) and I'd love to ditch the service, as we use it very little now that we have these handy smartphones.

Thank you so much in advance!!!

lizard

Reaction score
4856747d-489e-be1f.jpg
4856747d-48f8-7407.jpg

I don't know for sure but if I had one of these laying around id stick it in my tower and see if I could find the hotspot in network connections or run the wizard. Can probably do it with a router too but I know less about routers than I do these cards and I have one of both. I connected my laptop to my home network via one of these cards. Dont go buy one or nothing, im just saying if you got one layin around or can borrow one.

Sent from my Squidlied Droid2 using Droid Forums app.....

OP
S

SouthernBelle

Reaction score
Hmmm...very interesting...

I bet I could find a USB router for less than the PDANet costs and give it a shot! We had one back in the day, but it's lost forever it storage now! ;D Thanks for the suggestion!!!