Using Barnacle wifi Tether

Nick177th

Reaction score
Finally took the plunge and rooted. I am trying to establish wifi tethering using barnacle since it doesn't require any special kernel. I'm not running a custom rom. Long story short, the website says for the Droid running vanilla 2.2, you need to check the box for "WPA skip_supplicant". It also says that "WEP must be set at 13 ascii or 26 hex keys in this mode".

I have no idea what that last statement means. can anyone help? Thanks for any help.

Update: Houston, we now have Mobile hot spot. How copy? Over.

Last edited:
Ok you want to go to settings wireless encryption click the drop down to hex then for time sake do your 10 digit phone number its easy to remember.

Ok you want to go to settings wireless encryption click the drop down to hex then for time sake do your 10 digit phone number its easy to remember.

Thanks. I'm good to hook now.

I was rooted on stock 2.1 and barnacle worked fine. I updated to 2.2 and now neither barnacle nor wifi tethering app works. My iPad sees the network from the phone just wont connect. Any ideas?

I was rooted on stock 2.1 and barnacle worked fine. I updated to 2.2 and now neither barnacle nor wifi tethering app works. My iPad sees the network from the phone just wont connect. Any ideas?
I'm having the same problem

Back