Users who have ran the throttle mod...

brockeverly

Reaction score
Have you noticed that Verizon has throttled the data speed again after a few days? I am back to .36mbps now, reinstalled the throttle mod and still at <1mbps.

Reaction score
Yeah, I think throttling is hit or miss. My speeds seemed OK initially but were all over the place after that. I'm actually not convinced removing it did anything, at least not for me.

+1 for placebo effect?

OP
B

brockeverly

Reaction score
Mine was not placebo. I drocap'd before and after the initial run, and it helped out for a couple of days. Now I am stuck at the same speeds as before with no fix in sight :/

OP
B

brockeverly

Reaction score
How are your speeds now guys? I have noticed that I am throttled to the point that I cannot maintain a strong enough connection to download updates to apps anymore. Speeds are around .1mbps using speedtest.net's app. Not happy.

Last edited:

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
They are starting to throttle network side. Nothing we can do to control that.

closer

Reaction score
Wonder if it has anything to do with 4g? I use to use clearwire 4g at home and was paying for top tier 6Mbps service and I would get speeds over that at least for awhile. Last month I used it I was down to 2Mbps, which was the minimum they had to provide me. Basically your sharing 50Mb connection with 200 users or something like that. I would imagine that they put priority with the 4g users.

Last edited: