Use your droid for bar tab

soops

Reaction score
Yesterday watched on the news about a new app coming called tabbed out. It's for opening/paying for your bar tab on your phone. Mentioned it will be available for iphone, but also mentioned it would be available for android market as well. Sounds very convenient but since I don't frequent bars I'm hoping the service would be expanded to regular restaurants. What do you guys/gals think?

bossrogue

Reaction score
Yesterday watched on the news about a new app coming called tabbed out. It's for opening/paying for your bar tab on your phone. Mentioned it will be available for iphone, but also mentioned it would be available for android market as well. Sounds very convenient but since I don't frequent bars I'm hoping the service would be expanded to regular restaurants. What do you guys/gals think?

I'm all for an app like that!

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
That would be pretty sweet...just hope you can add a "killswitch" that cuts you off....i tend to get generous when i am drinking, and having a button to pay for everything that is linked to my google checkout scares me....

LakeMountD

Reaction score
So what does it actually do? Also do you know what it is called or where to find more information?

Slighter

Reaction score
nice percentage option on the tip line. All that math can get a little fuzzy latenight hic...

OP
S

soops

Reaction score
I did remember it was ATX innovation the developer behind it, but didn't bother google it since the news stated this won't be released until later in the year in droid market.

I'm with extremecanefan, "a kill switch" option maybe good for some people, if nothing else putting a cap or $ limit.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
A few things. I'm in the restaurant industry (upper management) and am less than confident in this. Don't expect many restaurants except for a few big/trendy ones, mostly in major cities to jump on board with this. The majority of restaurants (exceptions being those above) have VERY THIN profit margins and this will have to have a proven market segment to be worth it to most. I've contacted them for more info but off the bat:

• They have to explain their transaction process and fees (remember businesses already have to pay CC transaction fees, is this going to add MORE fees)
  • they have a LOT of security details to explain before either restaurants or customers (at least me) are going to adopt this.
  • they need to explain the legality and process of handling disputes (with a CC I have a legally binding SIGNED receipt)
  • What is required on the business end (i.e. do I need any extra equipment, according to the screen-shots the app is running via wi-fi, MOST restaurants still do not have 'open' wi-fi networks)

Those are just the immediate questions that came to mind. I'll let you know when I hear from them and what their answers are.