Use my netbook or laptop as speakerphone with Droid2

PattriotTreeCO

Reaction score
Hey there, I have a question that I hope some of you tech geniuses on here can help me with.

I have a Droid 2 and in one of my work trucks I can connect my phone to the radio/navi unit via bluetooth. It makes it handsfree and the truck speakers act as a speakerphone, you can answer and even dial calls via the navi unit.

In my other work truck I have a netbook (asus 1005 series). The netbook is already set up to work with the vehicles audio system and is able to tether to the phone to get internet access. I would like to be able to connect my phone to the computer via bluetooth and use the computer to answer and dial calls as well as have a microphone in the truck and use it as a hands free device.

So, is this possible?

I have gone to a few electronics and phone stores and no one has been able to help me. I have also tried searching the forums but wasn't able to find anything.

OP
P

PattriotTreeCO

Reaction score
Ok so I already posted this in another forum but no one answered so I figured I'd post it here.

Hey there, I have a question that I hope some of you tech geniuses on here can help me with.

I have a Droid 2 and in one of my work trucks I can connect my phone to the radio/navi unit via bluetooth. It makes it handsfree and the truck speakers act as a speakerphone, you can answer and even dial calls via the navi unit.

In my other work truck I have a netbook (asus 1005 series). The netbook is already set up to work with the vehicles audio system and is able to tether to the phone to get internet access. I would like to be able to connect my phone to the computer via bluetooth and use the computer to answer and dial calls as well as have a microphone in the truck and use it as a hands free device.

So, is this possible?

I have gone to a few electronics and phone stores and no one has been able to help me. I have also tried searching the forums but wasn't able to find anything.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
It's definitely possible. I hook my OG Droid up to the bluetooth of my laptop every now and then and can use the laptop as a speaker phone. Try going into the control panel and clicking on bluetooth and you should be able to pair the two.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk