Use Handcent instead of Android SMS on lock screen.

fox_dye

Reaction score
Hi stopped using handcent when I started using this rom. The only thing that handcent has that the stock app doesn't is the customization. Stock app has been moded to have the pop up notification and it works with the lock screen.

jimbo42o

Reaction score
get all super techy and go in and mod the framework apk. i changed a few things in mine n it looks pretty sweet couldnt tell u if taking out the phone and mms icons all together would fix it but it wouldnt hurt to try..well maybe if u dont know what u r doing so make a back up b4 you mess w/ it better yet make a back up copy of the actual zip file u use to install the rom and mod a different one so u can go back if u need to

OP
M

mmitchell816

Reaction score
Well since this is a custom ROM issue, you could always go the route of symlink and point the mms.apk entry to the handcent app. But that does require a little bit of linux know how to accomplish. Unfortunately I don't run this ROM to test/work out my suggested solution. Hopefully someone who has the ROM and knows how to use symlink can try this out.

All right ill do that. The thought had passed my mind but i thought that would be too easy. lol

yea i got chompsms setup but even after u use lockscreen to check message in chompsms it still shows 1 message in stock sms so u have to go to it and read it aswell :(

Id be good with no phone or sms option on lockscreen i just have ocd and cant let that counter be there with numbers on it :icon_evil:

I hear ya. I actually like that if you hold the sms option that it shows you the last few unread messages though.

Hi stopped using handcent when I started using this rom. The only thing that handcent has that the stock app doesn't is the customization. Stock app has been moded to have the pop up notification and it works with the lock screen.

I didnt know it did the popup that was one of my main reasons for using handcent.

get all super techy and go in and mod the framework apk. i changed a few things in mine n it looks pretty sweet couldnt tell u if taking out the phone and mms icons all together would fix it but it wouldnt hurt to try..well maybe if u dont know what u r doing so make a back up b4 you mess w/ it better yet make a back up copy of the actual zip file u use to install the rom and mod a different one so u can go back if u need to

Ill have to do some looking into the possible options. Heck ive been looking for something to get me interested in actually messing with android. Guess i found my cause. lol

jellybean420

Reaction score
Has any one found a way to use handcent on the lock screen instead of the default SMS? I hate how it says that i always have unread messages but in reality its just cause i haven't opened the Android SMS application. I would love thelock screen to connect to Handcent.

You still trying to figure this out? Im bored and gonna flash this rom to see if i can figure it out.

OP
M

mmitchell816

Reaction score
Has any one found a way to use handcent on the lock screen instead of the default SMS? I hate how it says that i always have unread messages but in reality its just cause i haven't opened the Android SMS application. I would love thelock screen to connect to Handcent.

You still trying to figure this out? Im bored and gonna flash this rom to see if i can figure it out.

Once i finish my paper i'm going to dig into it

jellybean420

Reaction score

Once i finish my paper i'm going to dig into it

K well im flashing it now ill post back if i find anything. Like i said im bored lol.

fox_dye

Reaction score
The message pop up was one of the settings I discovered after the bgill55 translated the whole app. Its nice. I do miss the customizations you can do in handcent but I just don't want to waste the space since the native app is integrated with the lock screen.