Use Droid X for wi-fi only, need to eliminate touch Droid to begin screen

KyleD

Reaction score
Just factory reset a Motorola Droid X. Want to use it to browse internet on wi-fi only. I need to make the "touch Droid to begin" activate phone screen go away permanently. I have tried the touch the 4 corners thing, but it takes me to a dialpad and forces me to try and make the activate call.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That's odd, should've worked. How many times did you try it?

linuxrocks

Reaction score
Same problem here.

I tried tapping each corner of the screen, starting in the upper left hand corner, but nothing......the 'make activation call' button and the 'back button are along the lower edge of the display, so they are activated when trying to tap on the lower left or lower right of the screen.

I see the same answer when searching with google, but it doesn't work for me. Am I missing something???

I bought a droid to use exclusively with my wifi (without cellphone carrier), but can't get past the
"touch Droid to begin" problem.

If I hook my phone to a USB cable, can I edit some parameter inside the phone to fix this problem?

Would appreciate any info.

Art

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Same problem here.

I tried tapping each corner of the screen, starting in the upper left hand corner, but nothing......the 'make activation call' button and the 'back button are along the lower edge of the display, so they are activated when trying to tap on the lower left or lower right of the screen.

I see the same answer when searching with google, but it doesn't work for me. Am I missing something???

I bought a droid to use exclusively with my wifi (without cellphone carrier), but can't get past the
"touch Droid to begin" problem.

If I hook my phone to a USB cable, can I edit some parameter inside the phone to fix this problem?

Would appreciate any info.

Art
I don't think that works anymore...this is a thread from 2012. I think you have to activate the phone. Could be wrong though...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

wcjeep

Reaction score
Last time I did this it took a few times for the timing.

linuxrocks

Reaction score
Actually, all the 'droids' are old models now, the 'used' Droid X I bought for $27 was actually new in box.

Tapping on the 4 corners as several suggested did work, but only after I was able to locate a guide showing exactly where to tap.new

I'm happily running on wifi only and want to install a new operating system and root it. I need to back up the old ver 2.x operating system before I try doing any fancy stuff::>

Great forum here, thanks to all who maintain it and contribute.

Art

linuxrocks

Reaction score
That's a hell of a deal for $27!

I thought so too. It was on that auction site, listed as 'used', with visible scuffs and scratches. I looked at the corners with a 45x lighted magnifier, and it was definitely new!!! The screen had the factory shipping cover on it, and underneath it, there was not the slightest trace of a scratch on the screen.

If anyone wants to have the auction number, will be glad to send it, but not sure if I can post it on the forum without making waves. Send me a private message and I'll be glad to reply with the details.

Enjoy.

Art