USB mass storage mode

jakegsxr11

Reaction score
My phone will no longer connect to any of my computers, I have 2 windows 8 computers, one with motocast, one with just motorola device manager, and a windows XP machine with motocast. None of the computers recognize my phone when I plug it in. I am using the cable that came with my phone, the same one I have always used with no issues. I have USB mass storage mode checked, and I have tried the other two modes and neither one of those work either. I also have USB debugging active/checked. Does any one have any suggestions of what I can try to solve this?

OP
J

jakegsxr11

Reaction score
Ok, so after 2 nights of trying to fix this, trying many different USB cables, and a trip to the Verizon store to see if they had any ideas and to try a brand new Razr MAXX cable nothing worked. I eventually went into the manage apps menu and found an app called "charge only mode" I force stopped this app and everything worked great again.

So if anyone runs into this problem look for and stop the "ChargeOnlyMode" app. I hope this helps someone.

Redalert

Reaction score
Ok, so after 2 nights of trying to fix this, trying many different USB cables, and a trip to the Verizon store to see if they had any ideas and to try a brand new Razr MAXX cable nothing worked. I eventually went into the manage apps menu and found an app called "charge only mode" I force stopped this app and everything worked great again.

So if anyone runs into this problem look for and stop the "ChargeOnlyMode" app. I hope this helps someone.

Hmm. I was thinking more of a windows driver corruption. 3 comps? It could happen ;) but good to know....

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums