USB issue - SD Card unmounts in EVERY mode except windows media sync on laptop/usb

unboostedzc

Reaction score
when plugged in to my laptop/desktop, the phone will unmount the SD card from the phone and make it available to the computer.

i have the newest 4.7.1 drivers installed. i have uninstalled them multiple times, that is NOT the issue.

the phone was working fine until i rebooted it with the usb cable plugged in to the laptop. the phone booted back up but didn't show it was connected or charging. removing/replacing the usb cable did nothing, the phone wouldn't acknowledge the connection.

plugged the phone in to the wall charger, charged fine. rebooted again with no plugs in it. came back up and now if i plug the phone in to my laptop or desktop USB ports it unmounts the sd card. the computer recognizes it as a hard drive and the SD is unaccessable on the phone. windows media sync is the only mode that will allow me to use the sd on the phone while connected, but it doesn't charge.

i can sbf back to a fresh 2.2 and it works fine...until i accidentally reboot the phone with the usb connected; then its fubar again.

anyone?

OP
U

unboostedzc

Reaction score
EDIT:

UPDATE. Rebooting the phone with the usb cable plugged in (even with the sd card unmounted) results in the phone not recognizing the USB cable to laptop/computer connection until the phone is rebooted. once rebooted again it continues with being a fuc*king as*hole.