USB device not recognised

catbeef

Reaction score
i am really at a loss now. windows 8 is not recognising my phone, not in pc mode, not in media sync mode, not in mass storage mode, not in charge only mode.

'usb device not recognised' is the only pop up. motorola device manager is doing nothing. the phone is not charging.

i have uninstalled the device/driver from the device manager a thousand times, i have reinstalled motorola device manager a thousand times, i have restarted my phone a thousand times, i have restarted my computer a thousand times.

i am really at a loss as to what to do now.. it has perplexed me and all i can think of now is to ask here..

OP
C

catbeef

Reaction score
i was very tired when i was trying this last night. forgot to mention that i have had this phone working fine on windows 7 before.

so theoretically the drivers should already be on my pc somewhere.. but windows is certainly not able to find them, and indeed, the motorola device manager is running.. but not detecting the usb device as the phone. or something.

i am very much awake now, but still equally as at a loss for what to try next..

OP
C

catbeef

Reaction score
...and just like that, with nothing changed at all.. it works. going to throw it at the wall and see how it likes that.

feel free to delete~