USB Charger

kfeeny

Reaction score
I can't get my Droid Bionic to charge. It is connected via USB to my computer. USB Connection is recognized. I selected the link to manage the USB connection, and the "Charge Only" option is selected. But it is not charging! Battery is getting low! Need help.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
It probably is charging but very, very slow. If you use your phone while connected to a computer, it will drain faster than it's charging. Your best bet is to use the wall charger.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
kfeeny

kfeeny

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. However, I did figure out the correct setting for the USB, which is "PC Mode" and not "Charge Only". It is now charging. Go figure!

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well that's weird, never noticed that:crazy:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

kamisan

Reaction score
Wonder if PC has power management and does not run up the voltage out until data is being piped on the port.. (which would explain this issue for one and not another )

charging any android phone you need more milliamps than older phones did and are often squirrly with cheap usb cables. The old .2 mAh chargers just dont get r dun as many car chargers dont either. (old D1 using navigation diying while plugged in)

Check your PC power management on the USB (some motherboards even have setting for current etc)