usb adapter + flash drive

Skynski

Reaction score
I purchased a USB (female) to Micro USB with the thought that I could plug my flash drive into my phone (via the adapter) and move files. However the phone doesn't recognized that anything has been connected. Am I doing something wrong? Does the phone need to be rooted? Or is there something else I can do?

Thanks!

NoBloatware

Reaction score
That would require the phone to be put in USB host mode, which it is not capable of. This is supported in Android 3.1 and higher. You might want to look into a different "ROM".

SecretAgentMan

Reaction score
The adapter might cause issues as well. I have a couple, and they only pass power for charging. They won't allow a data connection to the host. If that's the case, even a different ROM won't be the whole solution.

I'd go buy a microUSB cable. I've seen some reports that the cheap ones don't work well with the D3. You can't go wrong with OEM, but you'll pay for it.

Last edited:
OP
S

Skynski

Reaction score
I got it on amazon and the description (however trust worthy that may be) said it was rated for data transfer. Good thing I only paid $5 (shipped) for it.