Upside down photos

THUNDERRIDGE

Reaction score
My phone is taking pictures that show up upside down and even the older pictures on the phone are upside down? What can be wrong? The phone is a HTC Incredible 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This isn't a for sure cure... but make sure your pics are saved to your SD card...then clear data on your gallery app...give it a few to catch up..then see if that remedies the issue. :D

As she^^^^ said as well...if you're using another app(other than stock) for your camera or gallery...that's going to have an affect on this...please tell us the names of the apps so we can better help you...

Also I see that you're new here....welcome...:)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Believe it or not, my previous phone, the Galaxy S4 did that, and the solution that worked was to power off the phone, remove the SIM card, power it back up, then power off, replace the SIM card and power back up again. I swear I thought the technician was on drugs to even suggest such a solution... But much to my amazement it WORKED!

Good luck! :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

hawaiigl7

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
Twitter
bsorori3
Believe it or not, my previous phone, the Galaxy S4 did that, and the solution that worked was to power off the phone, remove the SIM card, power it back up, then power off, replace the SIM card and power back up again. I swear I thought the technician was on drugs to even suggest such a solution... But much to my amazement it WORKED!

Good luck! :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
thanks alot, it works for my galaxy S5, I had a same problem ;)

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Very strange. Makes me wonder what the sim card has to do with the photos.

Reactions: cr6

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Very strange. Makes me wonder what the sim card has to do with the photos.
I'm not so sure the SIM card has anything at all to do with the photos, just as I'm not so sure that the orientation of the pictures being viewed was an issue with the photos themselves and not actually an issue with the orientation software and or sensor. It is conceivable that the Sim card has something to do with the orientation sensors so that may explain why it was able to resolve the problem for those other members.

doniago

Reaction score
The SIM card tells the phone whether it's north or south of the Equator so that it can orient pictures properly. :p