Upset

Robbo13

Reaction score
I have a family account, my last bill over $400. 2 original moto droids did not receive an OTA update, had to manually install. My Droid X no Froyo.

whispers and rumors about 2.2 for Droid X, the flagship for android? I have had many people interested in android, pick up my phone to test it out.

This company seems like it run by a bunch of kids, make a date, stick to it. update your phones. Get your [MOD DELETE] together, or you and verizon lose a customer.

We should not have to root our phones, and be computer hackers to get the most of your product.

Last edited by a moderator:

moto_droid_fan

Reaction score
I have a family account, my last bill over $400. 2 original moto droids did not receive an OTA update, had to manually install. My Droid X no Froyo.

whispers and rumors about 2.2 for Droid X, the flagship for android? I have had many people interested in android, pick up my phone to test it out.

This company seems like it run by a bunch of kids, make a date, stick to it. update your phones. Get your [MOD DELETE] together, or you and verizon lose a customer.

We should not have to root our phones, and be computer hackers to get the most of your product.

This is not a forum for attacks on your carrier!

Verizons website is the place for this type of rant...learn how to use your phone or downgrade to a kiddie model...and thats my rantdancedroid

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You're right, we shouldn't have to root to get the most out of our phones. On the other hand, the carriers shouldn't have to have every schmuck like me having the full run of their system every ten seconds.

The Droid 1 gets the update first because the Droid 1 got here first and has a vanilla Android OS on it. That means all you need to do to update the OS is update the code. The X has MotoBlur, which means the update is much more intense. That takes time and resources, at least one of which is something most people don't seem to want to give or appreciate, judging by the number of people who think that a phone should have the latest and greatest as soon as it comes out. Forget about the actual product development time, let alone the fact that when new software gets released it starts half of the cycle all over again.

The phone's spanking new. If the shine's worn off it that fast, maybe you need to consider a phone that you can change almost everything about it, or spend the money and get something else every two months. If you do that, though, I'll happily take your "useless" tech off your hands for a couple of bucks. I got $10 for a Droid 1. :)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Aside from the fact that a non-rooted phone is still superior to IPhone or BB...Sure, it takes maybe 30-60 minutes to set-up and figure out how to use, not much of an endorsement for the competition, really.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You're right, we shouldn't have to root to get the most out of our phones. On the other hand, the carriers shouldn't have to have every schmuck like me having the full run of their system every ten seconds.

The Droid 1 gets the update first because the Droid 1 got here first and has a vanilla Android OS on it. That means all you need to do to update the OS is update the code. The X has MotoBlur, which means the update is much more intense. That takes time and resources, at least one of which is something most people don't seem to want to give or appreciate, judging by the number of people who think that a phone should have the latest and greatest as soon as it comes out. Forget about the actual product development time, let alone the fact that when new software gets released it starts half of the cycle all over again.

The phone's spanking new. If the shine's worn off it that fast, maybe you need to consider a phone that you can change almost everything about it, or spend the money and get something else every two months. If you do that, though, I'll happily take your "useless" tech off your hands for a couple of bucks. I got $10 for a Droid 1. :)

+1! I'd HAPPILY take it off your hands too! Im a Verizon rep and have owned my Droid for about 6 months (rooted for 3) and I'm still learning things about the device and OS and im glad! When you literally know everything there is to know about a phone, it loses all of it's cool points and is just another phone. You won't "outgrow" Droid...even the ROM developers don't know everything about it! As far as the delayed updates and pull backs go, yes they can be irritating but if I have to wait a lil longer for it to be bugless (no pun intended), then so be it! Im happy right where I am! :)

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

if you call VZW they might give you android 3.0 for having to suffer so greatly..

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

+1! I'd HAPPILY take it off your hands too! Im a Verizon rep and have owned my Droid for about 6 months (rooted for 3) and I'm still learning things about the device and OS and im glad! When you literally know everything there is to know about a phone, it loses all of it's cool points and is just another phone. You won't "outgrow" Droid...even the ROM developers don't know everything about it! As far as the delayed updates and pull backs go, yes they can be irritating but if I have to wait a lil longer for it to be bugless (no pun intended), then so be it! Im happy right where I am! :)
You're a rep? Man, you must be black and blue from people bashing on you here. :)

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just like the fact that there's rooted VZW reps/techs on here!!

To the op..... I got nuthin; mainly cuz I don't care.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

You're a rep? Man, you must be black and blue from people bashing on you here. :)

Haha! Nah, I don't let it bother me. Just because I work there doesn't necessarily agree with everything Verizon does. But, it is what it is. I'm still more than satisfied with my Droid and picking on my family that all have iPhones! When they don't have service and I do, I'll ask them, "Is your world NOT being delivered??"!! Haha!!!