Uploading vids to droid but where are they?

rb657

Reaction score
I shot some videos with another video recorder I have, the RCA Small wonder, then uploaded them to my comp, and now I want to take them from my computer to my droid.

I connected the droid to the computer, mounted the USB and went into my computer to find the device. The only thing that shows up is Removable disk (E: ). I put the RCA videos into this device and then what do I do? Eject? Tried that and unmounted my droid but still dont know where the heck these videos are.

Can't seem to find anyone else with this problem.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
They need to be MP4 files for the Droid to see them. Any location on the SD card should be visible in the gallery, as long as the format is correct.

OP
R

rb657

Reaction score
How do I convert them to mp4? is that even possible? i am not exactly tech savvy.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are a ton of threads around here about converting to MP4. You can use apps like DVD Catalyst, or my favorites, the freebies like Handbrake or Any Video Converter. You basically want the same settings as you would use for an iPod or iPhone, and you can up the resolution for the Droid.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
+1 for Any Video Converter. Drag and drop the files into the box, choose the output format, convert. Piece of cake.

OP
R

rb657

Reaction score
Tried converting video to mp4 in handbrake. Says it is copy protected, badly mastered or in a format handbrake can't support. guess i am out of luck.....

aldaudio

Reaction score
Tried converting video to mp4 in handbrake. Says it is copy protected, badly mastered or in a format handbrake can't support. guess i am out of luck.....

well that doesnt really make sense seeing as how its a video you shot yourself....