Upgrading micro SD card to 32 gb

Pyzon

Reaction score
I've read that in order to upgrade to a 32gb card that "cloning" all the files on the factory card is necessary, and that some of those files are in "hidden" folders. How do I accomplish this upgrade and make sure all the needed files are included ? Thanks.

silver6054

Reaction score
I've read that in order to upgrade to a 32gb card that "cloning" all the files on the factory card is necessary, and that some of those files are in "hidden" folders. How do I accomplish this upgrade and make sure all the needed files are included ? Thanks.
I just mounted the phone using USB, selected all, and then copied it to my 32GB card. I don't remember if my XP asked me about hidden folders, but it is a straight copy.

tebower

Reaction score
The OS, or any apps, will recreate whatever files they need to store on the SD card.

Which 32GB card did you purchase, may I ask? I would like to buy one I know will be compatible with the D2G.

silver6054

Reaction score
The OS, or any apps, will recreate whatever files they need to store on the SD card.

Which 32GB card did you purchase, may I ask? I would like to buy one I know will be compatible with the D2G.

I bought the Sandisk 32GB from Verizon, which was cheap at the time, with my corporate discount. I also bought the same card from another vendor (don't remember which!).

This card is class 2, and I was looking for a better one (in my previous phones I had a 16GB class 6). However, the only one I found was a class 4 with a bad review, showing that it performed slower than the Sandisk. The conclusion is that Sandisk are very conservative with their speed claims, whereas others are not.

Beware when searching: a lot of searches (for something like microSDHC 32GB) will turn up cards that use two 16GB microSDHC. Not very useful as you can only put one in the phone!