Upgrading help please

GoodOlBoyy01

Reaction score
Well I own an Env Touch. The screen has killed over on me and all i can do is take a call with it closed. Everything has to be done by opening now. Plus it has to stay on a charger cause the backlight stays on even though the screen is dead on the front. I do have an upgrade ready but I've been really trying to hold out for the Samsung Galaxy S2 or the Bionic. I am considering just going for it and getting a Droid Charge or an X2 right now cause I can't stand it anymore or maybe getting a hold of Asurion even though I really don't want to pay $50 for another crappy env touch. Anybody have some recommendations for me?

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Well I own an Env Touch. The screen has killed over on me and all i can do is take a call with it closed. Everything has to be done by opening now. Plus it has to stay on a charger cause the backlight stays on even though the screen is dead on the front. I do have an upgrade ready but I've been really trying to hold out for the Samsung Galaxy S2 or the Bionic. I am considering just going for it and getting a Droid Charge or an X2 right now cause I can't stand it anymore or maybe getting a hold of Asurion even though I really don't want to pay $50 for another crappy env touch. Anybody have some recommendations for me?

DX2, without a doubt. Unless you want 4G then go with the Thunderbolt or hold out for the Charge.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
But do it before July 7th.....the unlimited data plan on the Env Touch is NOT the unlimited Smartphone data plan. If you want to be grandfathered in and stay unlimited on a smart phone you need to do it now.

I just updated my wife's EnV 3 to a Droid. Online I added the unlimited data package to her EnV then went to swap out her EnV for the Droid I had bought off swappa.com. When I did it removed the unlimited data package and added the unlimited Smartphone data package...

OP
G

GoodOlBoyy01

Reaction score
I figured later on whichever phone I ended up getting I could trade in and then just buy the Bionic or Samsung Galaxy S2 anyway. I'm just really in a bind right now with my env that literally only halfway works. Thunderbolt sounds nice but would you all recommend it over the Charge? The screen really wowed me on the Charge. Never really played with a Thunderbolt and people who I know have it complain about the battery constantly.