Upgrading from Droid X1

2E151

Reaction score
Here's the deal; my wife has an upgrade credit that expires in August. We both have an original Droid X. She's perfectly happy and has offered me the credit. Either I upgrade or the credit expires and goes to waste and I'm stuck with the X for another year and some change.

I'm happy with my X, but I don't want to waste the credit. Is there a markedly superior Verizon phone on the market worth upgrading to? I don't want to go through the process of upgrading a phone and get "more of the same" if you know I mean.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
LG Revolution and DROID Charge are awesome. That's what I would choose between. Both solid phones and 4G

sent from my ZombieStomped X

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Here's the deal; my wife has an upgrade credit that expires in August. We both have an original Droid X. She's perfectly happy and has offered me the credit. Either I upgrade or the credit expires and goes to waste and I'm stuck with the X for another year and some change.

I'm happy with my X, but I don't want to waste the credit. Is there a markedly superior Verizon phone on the market worth upgrading to? I don't want to go through the process of upgrading a phone and get "more of the same" if you know I mean.

Never played with the X, but you could wait for the Droid 3 or Bionic to come out.

If worse comes to worse, you don't like it, sell it on eBay or Craigslist and reactivate your X

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well there is the Droid X2 out now and the Droid incredible 2 out...I played around with both and completely factory stock the DX2 gave about a 38-39 linpack score and the Dinc 2 gave a 39-40
However the very next day the linpack app was updated to better score dual core processors like the DX2 so not sure how they compare now, best bet- go to a store and play around with both

Btw I believe an original stock DX gets about a 15 old linpack score...my overclocked OG Droid can beat that but nowhere near the other 2 lol
However if you can try to wait for the D3 or bionic...they will probably blow everything away

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Aximtreo

Reaction score
I am in a similar quandry. I used my wife's upgrade and bought the HTC Trophy for 1 cent. I am switching between by X and the WP7 phones and will sell the one I don't want to keep; best of both worlds.

Sorry for the blasphemy but I think I'll sell the X and keep the Trophy. I really love the new OS from MS>