Upgrading Apex ROMs

mouthrulez

Reaction score
I have an older version of the Apex ROM for Droid 2. It does have some glitches so i want to upgrade to the newest version. How do i go about doing this? and will i lose all of my apps? if so wat can i use to back up all my apps so i can reload them onto the newest version of Apex?
-Thanks

trook

Reaction score
you cant just upgrade(unless coming from 1.3.1 to 1.4.1- he says it may be safe to not wipe) , only a couple of roms like fission give you the option to upgrade. You will have to completely flash the new rom on your phone, wipe everything just like you did when you installed apex. your apps will be gone but if you get titanium backup from the market you can just restore them. Also if you go into settings/ privacy- it says "backup my data with my google account" or something, make sure that box is checked and when you first reboot after your newly flashed rom those boxes that say "allow google to use location based services blah blah, READ THOSE BEFORE YOU JUST UNCHECK THEM. one of those is an auto restore feature, Ive flashed every rom around at least 50 times (my phone is kind of a hussie as grandma would say) and my apps always auto restore. Dont be scared, its just a phone.