Upgraded to Safestrap 3.05, lost my safe ROM from Safestrap 2.11

kenji91

Reaction score
So I was running Eclipse 1.3.2 on the safe side of Safestrap 2.11 and decided I wanted to upgrade to Safestrap 3.05. I didn't have a use for it, really, I just always need to have the latest versions of things. :icon_eek:

Safestrap 3.05 installed just fine and I rebooted without backing up my ROM (I'm an idiot).

In SS 3.05, my ROM options were Stock, and four blank safe ones. I can't seem to get to my safe Eclipse from SS 2.11. Would re-installing Safestrap 2.11 and removing 3.05 let me get to that?

Help!

OP
K

kenji91

Reaction score
Actually, this is really odd. It seems like I have everything back, except Superuser. So the phone is not rooted, but it's set up exactly how my Eclipse 1.3.2 was set up and all my SMS and data is still there. Hmm...

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I'm waiting until he finalizes safestrap, he mentioned he is working on another version.

Oh, and backups made using SS2 won't work on SS3.

And yes, reverting to SS2 will allow you to use your backup.

Z4ck

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I never like safe strap especially since it locks you down even more uses up space waste boot time takes away fun of flashing you got system images so why not use em if worse comes to worse fast boot

Sent from my One X using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

lafont28

Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with SS3 at all. U don't need to worry about having to flash on the stock(non safe side) anymore with the rom slots. You can leave that slot alone and switch between roms easily. I've got the stock rom, z4ck's aokp jb, and skyline aokp running with this version. The only thing that might get added to the next version is being able to flash in the stock slot

OP
K

kenji91

Reaction score
For the record, uninstalling SS 3.05 and re-installing SS 2.11 allowed me to return to my 2.11 safe side ROM.

Thanks for your help!

Also, welcome back Z4ck! dancedroid

huckky

Reaction score
hi,
lets say i have safestrap 2.11 and a custom ics rom installed. and i decide to upgrade ss 2.11 to 3.0x
is there anyway to keep my custom rom unharmed and working?

huckky

Reaction score
No, you have to reflash the rom after installing ss3.

ok. so if i start from scratch with ss 3.05 there wont be any problems? (i'm planning to install eclipse btw)
i read that most of you are waiting for a non beta version of ss 3.05 or a bootstrap app.
what are the known problems with ss 3.05 beta so far?

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Some people are having problems and others aren't. I wanted to try it but I didn't want to go through the hastle of setting up the rom from scratch.