Help

jhuntin

Reaction score
I know i'm a moron, but I need help. I have a razr maxx and I was on ss 2.11 using ft retro cm9. I uninstalled 2.11 and installed ss 3.05. I made a back up and when I booted the screen would freeze. I installed another rom and when I rebooted everything was fine. I uninstalled ss 3.05 and re-installed ss 2.11 and now when I boot, the ss 2.11 screen comes on and then I get a black screen. Every 10 reboots a droid guy pops up lying down with a triangle that has an "!" in it. Is this phone shot or is there hope. Any help would really be appreciated.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I know i'm a moron, but I need help. I have a razr maxx and I was on ss 2.11 using ft retro cm9. I uninstalled 2.11 and installed ss 3.05. I made a back up and when I booted the screen would freeze. I installed another rom and when I rebooted everything was fine. I uninstalled ss 3.05 and re-installed ss 2.11 and now when I boot, the ss 2.11 screen comes on and then I get a black screen. Every 10 reboots a droid guy pops up lying down with a triangle that has an "!" in it. Is this phone shot or is there hope. Any help would really be appreciated.
I'll try to help but I have a few to ask so that I understand a few things 1) I don't know what ss 2.11 or ss3.05 is, please explain 2)do you still have CM9 on your phone and if so how did it get there 3) What ROM did you reinstall after you re-installed 2.11, what ever that is? Let's start from there.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
jpcalhoun said:
I'll try to help but I have a few to ask so that I understand a few things 1) I don't know what ss 2.11 or ss3.05 is, please explain 2)do you still have CM9 on your phone and if so how did it get there 3) What ROM did you reinstall after you re-installed 2.11, what ever that is? Let's start from there.

He means safestrap custom recovery. He had once version and updated to the new version. I don't have any experience with updating a recovery, but I understand it can be a bit of a nightmare

Sent from my XT912 running KOA resurrection CM10 jelly bean

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I would probably use Matt's utility to fastboot back to stock. I don't know if that's the right answer. Can you hold all the buttons down And get into stock recovery?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
He means safestrap custom recovery. He had once version and updated to the new version. I don't have any experience with updating a recovery, but I understand it can be a bit of a nightmare

I have very limited experience with SafeStrap and I haven't used it in 6 or 8 months, so I'm not even going to try to help him with upgrading/fixing a custom recovery. I agree though, if he can get into Fastboot then restoring to stock .211 with Matt's Utility 1.82 is probably the safest/best way to go. That should erase everything, the only question I would have will it eliminate the safeside partition that safestrap creates?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
jpcalhoun said:
I have very limited experience with SafeStrap and I haven't used it in 6 or 8 months, so I'm not even going to try to help him with upgrading/fixing a custom recovery. I agree though, if he can get into Fastboot then restoring to stock .211 with Matt's Utility 1.82 is probably the safest/best way to go. That should erase everything, the only question I would have will it eliminate the safeside partition that safestrap creates?

Yeah I wondered about that too. I have never unistalled safestrap or any other recovery. I know tismydroid just went through some trouble with updating safestrap. Maybe tis will chime in

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Here I am, lol! I got a bootloop when I tried to uninstall bootstrap so I could install safestrap. All I did was option 1 in Matt's 1.82 utility to get back to bone stock, then I proceeded to install .215, root and install safestrap.

My best guess is that he should go back to stock and start from scratch. I am thinking that his safestrap safe side should still be intact after doing so but am not 100% on that.

I'll see if I can do some research to find that answer.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
joshxdroid said:
Hail to Tis!

Lol, thanks Josh! Hopefully we hear back how everything went.