Upgraded to Droid 2 but want the 2.1 Gallery app

maureend

Reaction score
I just upgraded my original Droid to the Droid 2, and while I like the 2.2 for the most part, I wish I had my old Gallery app back :(

I can't figure out how to work this new Gallery. When I snap a picture and tap to see it, it shows me every picture I've ever taken - not the most recent one. I moved my photos from my old phone over to this one, so I have to scroll all the way from last January down to today.

Then sometimes I get the cover flow view, but can't determine how to get it (is it via landscape mode only?)

I just remember the 2.1 had some small switch at the top letting you choose between the stack and grid views. Is there a way to downgrade just that app - or is there an app available in the market that is better?

EDIT:

Unbelievable - it turns out I didn't even have the real Gallery app! I have something called "Camera Roll" which had the label of Gallery on the icon! In searching around, I found someone was nice enough to post a link to the Froyo Gallery app here http://www.mediafire.com/?iwz9insbxezbfeq in case anyone else has this issue.

Last edited: