Upgrade this march ..

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score
Getting a upgrade in march ..im really thinking about getting that razr maxx! ..is it worth it or should I wait? what phones are rumored to come out ?
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've been wondering the same thing. Moto has decided to cut down the number of models they push out in a year, as far as the other manufacturers.... idk. I too have an upgrade, but I'm going to hold off for a little bit.. .. I'm hoping for something really cool by May or June.

zirkdog

Reaction score
I believe the RAZR MAXX 2.0 HD X-TREME PRO will be dropping in 6-8 weeks. Just in time to make every current user regret their purchase.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Getting a upgrade in march ..im really thinking about getting that razr maxx! ..is it worth it or should I wait? what phones are rumored to come out ?

Not sure why you are posting this in the Bionic forum, but coincidentally my wife just got a RAZR MAXX and it is real nice, about 3/5 the thickness of my Bionic with high capacity battery. She unplugs it in the morning at 6:30AM, and at 5PM she's still at 80%. My Bionic is typically down to 60-70% in the same time period. Her upgrade is a few months after mine so she usually winds up with better phones...

dstreng

Reaction score
i would wait till they release a razr maxx developer edition for the u.s. (unlocked bootloader)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
i would wait till they release a razr maxx developer edition for the u.s. (unlocked bootloader)

I was thinking the same thing..... but three things are preventing me from getting to excited about that.... first, will Verizon sign off on it, second, no warranty.... with as many lemons that I've gotten right out of the box.... no way. Third, I have reservations about the battery still. New technology... hope I'm wrong

Last edited:

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
Here's my theory: Unless another phone is something you HAVE TO HAVE RIGHT NOW, wait.... if another device is not getting you all hot and bothered, wait. I'd put MONEY on it that we'll see a Tegra 3, 2GB RAM, HD screen, with 24 hours of battery life beast by the end of the Summer. For now, the Bionic is a great phone, IMO.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Bionic is a nice phone, but Moto and the developers have pretty much forgotten about us. Us bionic owners are low priority in their eyes. I wouldn't get another Moto if I were you. I would suggests an htc phone. There should be some nice ones announced at mwc in a month.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Have to agree with dmbat, wait till later this summer, let ICS get rolled out. By June or July you'll probably have some great new choices and an idea what is on the horizon thru the end of the year. Right now, I'm okay with the Bionic, it's a great value as the prices have dropped.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

BeerManMike

Reaction score
Why anyone would support Motorola after this is beyond me. RAZR Maxx Dev edition? Wow. My company has ~30 Bionics based on my recommendation, 3 RAZRs, 1 GNex and 4 iPhone 4s. Guess where we are heading this year when people have phone upgrades coming? iPhone 5, especially if it's a world phone and a 4-4.3 inch screen. Tired of Motorola and their lies and ****ty phones. I could love the Bionic I have but with all the problems I have and having to support everyone elses' it's too much to wait for a mythical update to maybe fit it.

tcayton49

Reaction score
Why anyone would support Motorola after this is beyond me. RAZR Maxx Dev edition? Wow. My company has ~30 Bionics based on my recommendation, 3 RAZRs, 1 GNex and 4 iPhone 4s. Guess where we are heading this year when people have phone upgrades coming? iPhone 5, especially if it's a world phone and a 4-4.3 inch screen. Tired of Motorola and their lies and ****ty phones. I could love the Bionic I have but with all the problems I have and having to support everyone elses' it's too much to wait for a mythical update to maybe fit it.

I will support Moto because every moto phone i have had has met or exceeded my needs. Are they perfect? no. They're solidly built and they do everything i want/need and more. Why that is beyond you is beyond me. Why anyone would want an iPhone 5 is beyond me. Why people think that any problems that they have are experienced by everyone is beyond me.