upgrade question

cris

Reaction score
i have 2 lines on a share plan, one line is a data only line that iv had since 06. the other line is my main cell phone. well the first line which is data only is due for a upgrade, i was looking on amazon and i can get a samsung GS3 for 24.99 as a upgrade, BUT it will add 40 for a mobile device.

could i go ahead and get the phone and do the 40$ add on then call into vzw and change that line back to just the jetpack, and switch the phone over to the main line.

or should i just go into the vzw store and pay the $50 to upgrade and have then transfew the upgrade to my main line?

drybgerg

Reaction score
If you order from Amazon I believe you have to leave the phone on the line you upgrade for 6 months or they will charge you. You can do what you want if you use Verizon, Best Buy or Costco.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
No they won't allow that. As the voice plan won't be eligible to downgrade back to the data only.

Proudly from Beer Tent Capital of the World

OP
C

cris

Reaction score
ahh ok thats kinda what i thought, ill go to the vzw store and get them to transfer the upgrade and get the phone then.

OP
C

cris

Reaction score
well called vzw and my jet pack line has to be used only for that. now i can add a line and get the phone i want, then when the jetpack line contract is up i can replace it with the other line. not what i was hoping for. i guess ill have to buy the phone out right or wait another year and get something else. :(