Updating to 902...

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Update: got 902 to install with out having to do anything extra. Had to restore a backup from day one when I first rooted it. Thanks for the help guys.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Update: got 902 to install with out having to do anything extra. Had to restore a backup from day one when I first rooted it. Thanks for the help guys.

great to hear Bro, hope you enjoy .902 as much as I'm enjoying it.... I updated to .902 then restored my nandroid of my EclipsedBlue for Eclipse ROM v2.1 RC1 based off of .901, but still have the .902 radio....:happy3:

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Well, update nice should be much faster.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
great to hear Bro, hope you enjoy .902 as much as I'm enjoying it.... I updated to .902 then restored my nandroid of my EclipsedBlue for Eclipse ROM v2.1 RC1 based off of .901, but still have the .902 radio....:happy3:

Ok hold on...so you have an awesome theme that will work for someone running stock root 902 no ROM?

Lol we need to talk.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok hold on...so you have an awesome theme that will work for someone running stock root 902 no ROM?

Lol we need to talk.

No, I never even nandroided the stock .902 ROM, let alone Deodexed it, I simply restored my .901 Eclipse v2.1 RC1/ EclipsedBlue themed.....so I now have that with the .902 radio intact

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
IMHO KiN3TX has become somewhat unstable with later OTA versions....

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Basically, link goes to a really good tutorial.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I see, you should link the first post then...:)

[email protected]

Reaction score
updated-didn't check root?

I updated to 902 when it came in on my phone-didn't check (or know to check) root-how will I know if I have a problem and should I do forever root now after the fact?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I updated to 902 when it came in on my phone-didn't check (or know to check) root-how will I know if I have a problem and should I do forever root now after the fact?

If you don't have forever root on your stock .902 then you're probably SOL...R3L3AS3DRoot does not work on .902 (or .901), you needed to have forever root script in place before updating to .902...and if you no longer have root access to your files then you cannot add that script

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
I recommend getting Ota RootKeeper before doing ANY updates it works for most phones.

Reaction score
Ok I've done this but it caused my phone to get stuck at the boot animation and then I never tried it again.

I type it in exactly like that? Like the space at the beginning of the first line and everything? Can you send me your text so I can see how its suppose to be in there?
Thanks

You know what's weird? I did the root and forever root before updating to .901 when it came out, using dhacker's tool. Maintained root without issue. But, looking at my mount_ext.sh contents, I don't have the "magic" three lines at the end. In fact, I don't think I've ever had them there. :blink: