Updates to wifi tether

wseyller

Reaction score
I have seen two recent updates to this utility. It has some mention of the razr included in the change log. Has anyone with the latest version found a configuration that allows a stable solution for the bionic on ics leak.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bhp117

Reaction score
Use generic ics/jb wlan0
Its very stable for me and connects faster than foxfi
I'm on red head rc6 on top of 238 system

OP
wseyller

wseyller

Reaction score
Well that did not work for me. Im on 232 leak. hi even tried different setup-methods in the settings. I tried connecting my laptop and it would connect but there was no internet. There was a yellow triangle/exclamation mark over my wireless signal icon which confirmed no internet access. I also tried to connect my Nexus 7 but it would never connect at all.

I'm still using the built in verizon mobile hotspot app which works well but I love wifi tether app and would rather use it if I could.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Well that did not work for me. Im on 232 leak. hi even tried different setup-methods in the settings. I tried connecting my laptop and it would connect but there was no internet. There was a yellow triangle/exclamation mark over my wireless signal icon which confirmed no internet access. I also tried to connect my Nexus 7 but it would never connect at all.

I'm still using the built in verizon mobile hotspot app which works well but I love wifi tether app and would rather use it if I could.

I think it just fixed it for 238. I don't think the dev will make it work on older leaks since they are not the OTA. It's possible that 238 will be an OTA, so it's time better spent making it work on that than a version that isn't going to be used by everyone.

bbucks36

Reaction score
I think it just fixed it for 238. I don't think the dev will make it work on older leaks since they are not the OTA. It's possible that 238 will be an OTA, so it's time better spent making it work on that than a version that isn't going to be used by everyone.

It works on .232.. used the generic wlan/1

bbucks36

Reaction score
i also just tried the bionic profile also .. works fine...are you getting error or just not able to connect to pc?

there is a new update out 3.2beta2

OP
wseyller

wseyller

Reaction score
I finally got my to work with some effort on "auto" profile. I am using Windows 7 64 bit. It would connect but it would have an yellow triangle/exclamation point over the network strength icon which meant connected but no internet. If you have this same deal then try this. Open Network and Sharing Center. Click on your connection listed under the active networks. Click "Diagnose". On mine it found a problem and it fixed the issue. My yellow triangle/exclamation point went away have now have internet access.

I rebooted my phone and laptop and it worked without having to use the "diagnose" fix again. I do see the yellow triangle/exclamation point for about two seconds but it goes away and all is good.

Edit: I also just connected my Nexus 7 without any issue.