Updated to 2.3.340 - Was rooted, now not

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
I was working great until I decided to update the phone since I recieved the message for an update. I unfroze everything but didn't unroot. After the install I opened up titanium backup and wanted to freeze aps, but it wouldn't work because I wasn't rooted. I opened terminal emulator and typed "su" and got a "permission denied". I still appear rooted and still have the .apk and other root files still on the phone along with the superuser icon.

I tried rooting again but kept getting error messages saying I am denied in the terminal emulator commands..

Suggestions?

OP
P

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
I would LOVE to have the root apps back, since I paid money for the titanium backup pro..

Dustin.

Reaction score
Which method are you trying to use?

Try using z4Root. If that doesn't work you'll have to do it the manual way.
Here <-- Works for D2 and DX.

OP
P

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
Make sure you battery pull once.

"what evrrrrr"
I tried the battery pull and still I'm denied. I will try the sdroot thing.. I can't even type in "su" because I'm always denied...

What if I do a factory reset again and DON'T sync my data to my phone and root it BEFORE I sync up all the data? Could be my last option here..

Dustin.

Reaction score
You've lost root when you updated to .340.

Refer to my post above and just follow those instructions, you should have ninja privileges in no time!