Updated to 2.2 & lost marketplace

poconoplatty

Reaction score
I recently updated to 2.2 and lost my marketplace. How do I get it back without doing a factory reset?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
uhh sorry i think only factory reset is the only way that works..

OP
P

poconoplatty

Reaction score
uhh sorry i think only factory reset is the only way that works..
Abe21599 ,
I'm new at this. What exactly will I lose if I do this? Phone #'s , Pictures Apps ???

Thanks for your help

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
just user data. numbers should sync to ur gmail account (go in and make sure). pics should be on ur sdcard which will not be touched during a factory reset. paid apps will be under downloads when u resign in with ur gmail account. other apps should be pushed to ur phone since ur already on 2.2.

hope this helps

Witchy

Reaction score
new to all this

Hi, I'm new to all this, including web forums, but I'm freaked out about this. I did research and factory reset is the way to go it seems. How do I do a factory reset. So I read the paid apps will be there, what about the free apps? I really hope they don't disappear. I have so much stuff written down in notepads and calendars and everything. UGH...all this just to have flash player on my phone. So not worth it.

Do you know if there's going to be a fix for this problem soon? or are they just going to leave everyone stranded?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
motorola is talking about coming out with an update soon but no word on when or if itll fix this.

a factory reset will save all ur free and paid apps (as long as u sign back in with the same gmail acct) but you will lose all of your user data.

Witchy

Reaction score
I'm not sure what user data is? bookmarks and such? I don't care about that, but I also just read on another site somewhere that if you factory reset to be prepared to lose everything. I'm not about to take that chance. I must say I'm pretty disappointed I spent a lot of money on the phone and add in monthly phone bill. I know it's just the app market, and I don't really use many of the apps, but again these bills aren't cheap.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm not sure what user data is? bookmarks and such? I don't care about that, but I also just read on another site somewhere that if you factory reset to be prepared to lose everything. I'm not about to take that chance. I must say I'm pretty disappointed I spent a lot of money on the phone and add in monthly phone bill. I know it's just the app market, and I don't really use many of the apps, but again these bills aren't cheap.

User data Is all of the stuff u entered on ur phone like user accounts or settings. Photos videos and such are on ur sdcard and wont be touched.

The phone isn't perfect, but then again none are..

Sent from my DROIDX