[Updated] Hands-On Friday Quick Preview Pic With In-Stock VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Certainly not that I noticed... everything about the device pleasantly smooth and polished, easily the equal (and in many cases superior) the my iPhone 4S.
Thats a relief, i was a tad nervous because i change orientations a lot and that would drive me crazy. he was waiting 5 seconds to change from portrait to landscape which looked bad. :blink:

Hsunami

Reaction score
yea i went to my bestbuy today and they said they "SHOULD" be selling it this sunday.....12/11...but when i went over to my VZW they said they did not have it in stock....or know anything about it....but they should get shipments if it is going to sell sunday they should be getting it tommorrow or on the day of. So i will call my VZW tommorrow afternoon and see if they get the stock.

sandman1987

Reaction score
I was Christmas shopping out of town today so I thought I'd stop by some VZW stores that weren't tired of me pestering them. I stopped by two Corporate stores and an Authorized Seller Kiosk in the mall. Needless to say I got 3 different responses on when the GN was going to go on sale.

The 1st Corp. store salesman told me that it won't be going on sale Sun. or Mon. for sure and probably not even next week. He said that he just got an e-mail when he got to work that said that launch was being delayed by Samsung (not VZW) due to some LTE Hardware issues.

The 2nd place was the Kiosk and they were completely clueless. One sales girl didn't even know what the Nexus was. The other guy told me that they haven't received any stock yet and there was NO WAY VZW would launch on a Sunday.

The last guy at the 2nd Corp. store told me that he has not gotten a launch date yet. He said he had gotten the notice originally that they were launching today, but that was put on hold. He hasn't heard anything since and has never gotten any stock. He said that when he came to work today there was a box on his desk that looked like an Ice Cream Sandwich. He said there was a non-working demo phone and an operable demo. He said that he hasn't had a chance to activate the operable one, but I could look at the inoperable one if I wanted.

Of course I said "No, that wouldn't be fair to everyone else and I don't want you to get in trouble"..............:D....Not really... that thought never entered my mind. I said sure. Like the picture taker of the original photo of this thread, I was impressed by the size and feel of the device. Of course the weight was off since it was a demo, but I liked it anyway. He said that he has never gotten a demo phone and had to wait more than a couple of days for a launch. He seemed to think the GN might launch on Sunday or Monday, but he did say he didn't know for sure.

View attachment 43428

DudeTotally

Reaction score
Sup i just joined this sight to say my bestbuy has these things. i saw them playin with it. been to this sight cople times thot u wood want to know.

DudeTotally

Reaction score
I was Christmas shopping out of town today so I thought I'd stop by some VZW stores that weren't tired of me pestering them. I stopped by two Corporate stores and an Authorized Seller Kiosk in the mall. Needless to say I got 3 different responses on when the GN was going to go on sale.

The 1st Corp. store salesman told me that it won't be going on sale Sun. or Mon. for sure and probably not even next week. He said that he just got an e-mail when he got to work that said that launch was being delayed by Samsung (not VZW) due to some LTE Hardware issues.

The 2nd place was the Kiosk and they were completely clueless. One sales girl didn't even know what the Nexus was. The other guy told me that they haven't received any stock yet and there was NO WAY VZW would launch on a Sunday.

The last guy at the 2nd Corp. store told me that he has not gotten a launch date yet. He said he had gotten the notice originally that they were launching today, but that was put on hold. He hasn't heard anything since and has never gotten any stock. He said that when he came to work today there was a box on his desk that looked like an Ice Cream Sandwich. He said there was a non-working demo phone and an operable demo. He said that he hasn't had a chance to activate the operable one, but I could look at the inoperable one if I wanted.

Of course I said "No, that wouldn't be fair to everyone else and I don't want you to get in trouble"..............:D....Not really... that thought never entered my mind. I said sure. Like the picture taker of the original photo of this thread, I was impressed by the size and feel of the device. Of course the weight was off since it was a demo, but I liked it anyway. He said that he has never gotten a demo phone and had to wait more than a couple of days for a launch. He seemed to think the GN might launch on Sunday or Monday, but he did say he didn't know for sure.

View attachment 43428
This is kool.

DudeTotally

Reaction score
yea i went to my bestbuy today and they said they "SHOULD" be selling it this sunday.....12/11...but when i went over to my VZW they said they did not have it in stock....or know anything about it....but they should get shipments if it is going to sell sunday they should be getting it tommorrow or on the day of. So i will call my VZW tommorrow afternoon and see if they get the stock.
i dont think they will sell it sunday, they havent before.

DudeTotally

Reaction score
Thats a relief, i was a tad nervous because i change orientations a lot and that would drive me crazy. he was waiting 5 seconds to change from portrait to landscape which looked bad. :blink:
Vz puts out nice phones. they sort that stuff out.

sline-dawg

Reaction score
Our Verizon has them in the back..... They don't know when they can sell yet either..... Think I'll stop by and bother them today....;)

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Vz puts out nice phones. they sort that stuff out.
:welcome: to droidforums.net. Please introduce yourself here. If you have any questions about getting around on the site or want to be pointed in the right direction that is where you can post. Feel free to shoot me a pm if u want as well. :happy3:
And yes, VZ makes nice phones but a lot of times they do have software bugs. I glad to hear that they don't have the landscape bug.
Btw Motorola Startac? Haha that was a good tough phone. I like it a lot as well. :)

Fuchueson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 4
Twitter
mc_morris
We have them at RadioShack but still don't have an official date we can sell....I am sick of waiting though.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Article on Phandroid or something suggested the whole problem may be Google Wallet. Google doesn't want it's Nexus device touched, and VZW has a contractual agreement with a competing Wallet service. It's a bit hard to believe, but it could be the issue. Just can't imagine Google making such a stink over it, unless they view it as a line in the sand (i.e. do what you will with other devices, by HANDS-OFF our developer device), because it won't be that tough for customers who want to add Google Wallet to the Nexus (granted, for the majority they won't care or bother, which is the heart of unfair competition laws). But VZW hands may very well be tied on this issue and may have to work out a side agreement or settlement specifically for the Nexus with whoever they have that contract with.

DudeTotally

Reaction score
:welcome: to droidforums.net. Please introduce yourself here. If you have any questions about getting around on the site or want to be pointed in the right direction that is where you can post. Feel free to shoot me a pm if u want as well. :happy3:
And yes, VZ makes nice phones but a lot of times they do have software bugs. I glad to hear that they don't have the landscape bug.
Btw Motorola Startac? Haha that was a good tough phone. I like it a lot as well. :)
Hi, and yes i like the StarTac. good phone.