[Updated & Confirmed]: Google and Asus Team Up on Nexus 7 Android Jelly Bean Tablet

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-asus-nexus7-tablet.png

Update: The Nexus 7 Tablet is now available for pre-order on Google Play Store for just $199.99! Also, there is a 16GB version for $249.99! Here's a link directly to it: Google Play Store Google Nexus 7.

Everything we have read previously for the last few weeks was correct. The new Nexus 7 tablet from the Google and Asus partnership is official. Here's a spec breakdown of the new Nexus 7 pure Google device, and more details will follow:
  • 7-Inch 1280 X 800 HD Display
  • Super-thin and light - just 340 grams
  • NVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad-Core CPU with 12-Core GPU
  • 1GB RAM
  • Front FAcing Camera for Video Conferencing
  • WiFi, Bluetooth & NFC
  • 4325mAh battery - 9 Hours of Video playback on battery and up to 300 hours of standby
The new Nexus 7 tablet will be running Android 4.1/Jelly Bean wich we will cover in more depth later. For now, here are a few more interesting features to follow.
  • Google Chrome is default browser
  • Improved Google Plus Integration - Google Maps Streetview inside retail stores and restaurants - Offline maps
  • Great Graphics for Games - "Horn" & "Dead Trigger" were demoed
  • 8GB version and 16GB
The tablet will sell for $199.99 in mid-July. It will include a $25 dollar credit on Google Play Store as well as a free game and a free book and a free movie, for a limited time only.

For more discussions on the Nexus 7, visit our sister site @ The Nexus Tablet Forum

[video=youtube;YMQdfGFK5XQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMQdfGFK5XQ&feature=player_detailpage]Introducing Nexus 7 - YouTube[/video]
Nexus 7 Tablet Video:​

Source: Google I/O 2012

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Really?? Not a bad deal at all.. :evil:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, the makers of those cheap Chinese ICS tablets that are currently around $150 here in the US better lower their prices to about $75 or so, QUICK. This thing has just made them irrelevant.

Thinking of picking one of these up ASAP.

COSam

Reaction score
Debating whether or not to pick one up. They claim 9 hours of HD video but without an SD Slot for storage expansion, you will probably only be able to fit a few hours of HD video on the device.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
looks like the tablet to have

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
and I love how the Xoom and Galaxy Nexus will receive 4.1 OTA mid-July, that's not bad at all!!! I'm sure VZW will delay it a bit, but that's what's great about rooting DancingNexus we'll probably get a Rom looong before VZW gets it.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I'd have to see it first. After watching the videos it looks small.

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
and I love how the Xoom and Galaxy Nexus will receive 4.1 OTA mid-July, that's not bad at all!!! I'm sure VZW will delay it a bit, but that's what's great about rooting DancingNexus we'll probably get a Rom looong before VZW gets it.

being that it will be available through google play, you think verizon will be involved? i hope not.

brianjr1

Reaction score
Debating whether or not to pick one up. They claim 9 hours of HD video but without an SD Slot for storage expansion, you will probably only be able to fit a few hours of HD video on the device.

What looks to be the idea is that you have all of your videos stored in the cloud - when you are going to go somewhere you download a few of the movies for offline use, and then when you're done you just delete them from the internal memory and save them for use elsewhere back on the cloud. Just the only justifiable way I could think of doing that.

LuvMusic

Reaction score
No expandable memory, no buy. Really like the other specs, however the lack of memory expansion hurts. For example, I've been in Switzerland for the last two weeks and I like to "load-up" on media when I'm traveling like this. 16gb is not enough. 32gb or a memory card slot and I would have bought this device.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
being that it will be available through google play, you think verizon will be involved? i hope not.
no I mean once the OTA comes out to the Galaxy Nexus LTE (and Xoom, but we know how that works out in the end), VZW will delay it to their phones, like they have every other OTA to a Nexus device.