Update

garbageman

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find download for new update is

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Which update? .901? .902?

Last edited:
sign up for the soak test and hope you get accepted. or wait for a soak tester to upload it somewhere soon enough.

Can anyone tell me where to sign up for soak test? I can never find where...

Can anyone tell me where to sign up for soak test? I can never find where...

You can sign up on the Motorola forum... good luck with that forum...

Either would work haven't updated since owning it

Either would work haven't updated since owning it

Here's what I did to get .901. You have to be at 5.5.893 for this to work. Some of this you may have done in the past; this was gotten for a newbie.

You can get it from http://www.mediafire.com/?f2ccj99tr8y6194. Be sure you have the Motorola drivers installed from USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA on your PC.

1. Go to Menu>Setting>Applications>Development and check "USB Debugging."
2. Plug phone into computer.
3. Press "Mass USB Storage" from the list of choices. Two drives will show up. One is MOT (Internal Storage) and the other is Removable Drive (SD-EXT).
4. Put the downloaded file on the root (ie main area) of SD-EXT (not internal storage). No need to change the name or extract it.
5. Eject both MOT and Removable Drive and disconnect the phone from your computer.
6. Power phone down
7. Reboot into stock recovery (adb reboot recovery) by holding Power and Volume Up/Down at the same time.
8. When the robot appears, press both volume keys in at the same time.
9. Select “apply update from sdcard” using the volume keys, then Power to initiate it.
10. Using the Volume keys, choose the file that you downloaded above, press Power and let it load.
11. When the install is done, press Power. It'll reboot, but it'll be longer than normal (a few minutes)

Last edited:
If you update a rooted. 893. You will lose root

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Is this easy to do I have a apple powerbookg4 just wondering need help

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

I still need help I have unrooted my phone and still can't update by downloading on my phone over network or manually doing it. Anyone help me?

I updated to the .901 file and it worked great. I figured if .901 was good then .902 must be better. I was wrong. I went back to .901 because of worse data problems with .902. I have read that a few other people had the same issues.

I updated to the .901 file and it worked great. I figured if .901 was good then .902 must be better. I was wrong. I went back to .901 because of worse data problems with .902. I have read that a few other people had the same issues.

How did you get back to .901?

Back