Update while on. 901?

reminon

Reaction score
Im on .901 and i know verizons coverage has been crazy today, but i keep getting an annoying update failed to download notification, so i went into the about section and hit system updates, and it says that theres an update currently downloading and that i will be notified when its finished. Anyone received an update?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

lykofos

Reaction score
Nope, .901 too and no notifications here yet. When it finishes, lets us know what info pops up on the installation screen and please grab the file from your cache before installing and post the file if you can. Wonder what this one could be...

OP
R

reminon

Reaction score
Well if i could get 4g back i would download it lol...or wifi. The file would be in /cache. Right?

Tonik

Reaction score
Be sure to decline the install after it downloads and grab a copy of it from the cache directory for us!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Oh boy!

Did Moto accidently release something again?

nickmind

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the update release process for Verizon is? How is it possible one person (or a group of us) get an update, and others not. Just wondering what the process is. Geographic, higher paying customers, Business over Personal accounts?

Because no .901 for me either.

wilboy

Reaction score
Im on .901 and i know verizons coverage has been crazy today, but i keep getting an annoying update failed to download notification, so i went into the about section and hit system updates, and it says that theres an update currently downloading and that i will be notified when its finished. Anyone received an update?

OMgosh!!!!Am i dreamin??I have just posted this awhile ago in some other thread!! lol

lykofos

Reaction score
Well if i could get 4g back i would download it lol...or wifi. The file would be in /cache. Right?

Correct! It'll be a .zip file in the "/cache"

As someone mentioned, you have to click "install later" once it finishes downloading and then copy it from the cache. If you click install now, it'll begin the installation immediately and automatically delete the .zip file when the installation completes.

You can sign up for a free mediafire account (it's what I use / simple & clean upload interface) and just upload the .zip file there once you have it and just post the download url for us.

http://www.mediafire.com/

Last edited:

ripper2860

Reaction score
Also -- I believe it will be gone from /cache if the phone is rebooted, so be sure to grab it before a restart or power-off.

OP
R

reminon

Reaction score
With the way my net is right now "no 4g" it keeps throwing me a download error saying it will download on wifi/ off peak hour....and i have no wifi around me.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
With the way my net is right now "no 4g" it keeps throwing me a download error saying it will download on wifi/ off peak hour....and i have no wifi around me.

No! :(

OP
R

reminon

Reaction score
Since its already trying to download i hope it gives me the option to install later. And why would they have an update for an accidentally pushed update? To downgrade? Would be nice if it was a dev update with an accidentally pushed. Unlocked bootloader. "Dreaming of course lol" ugh come on 4g, i atleast want to know the revision number.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Since its already trying to download i hope it gives me the option to install later. And why would they have an update for an accidentally pushed update? To downgrade? Would be nice if it was a dev update with an accidentally pushed. Unlocked bootloader. "Dreaming of course lol" ugh come on 4g, i atleast want to know the revision number.

Anyway you could try to find an open network?

OP
R

reminon

Reaction score
Not at the moment. :-( itll be a lil while unless 4g comes back