Update today

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have all Voice mail blocked as I don't want it, but every time I receive a text I get a bloody pop up about a voice mail update. Have tried 3 different text apps and get it on all. There is no turn off option on Voice Mail. I hope this goes away with 5.0.
Activate voicemail, set your greeting to "Hi, you've reached my phone but I can't take your call right now. I have your caller ID and will return your call at my earliest convenience. Please don't leave a voice mail as I do not have a way to retrieve them. Thanks."

rudywilliams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G 4 Plus
I won't do that as the blocking gives them no option and after nine years of blocking about every junk Caller on earth I'm not about to even confirm there is a valid number. I can use "missed callls" instead and block subsequent attempts from telemarketers, politicians, surveys, unknowns and charity scammers (all are!). My contacts know and that is all that matters.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
This might not be the same case as everyone...we all use our phones differently and have different apps installed. For me, during the the two weeks I had VoLTE turned on, it was chewing up my battery. A few short calls a day and Phone Calls & Phone Idle were the number 2 and 3 apps on the battery usage screen (default and GSAM). I was always around 30 - 40% battery left after a normal day, which was not the case before VoLTE. I decided to turn VoLTE off Saturday afternoon. Yesterday I used my phone about the same as always and still had 67% after almost 15 hours...and almost 3 hours of screen on time. This is what I was used to before VoLTE. For me personally I am leaving it Off for now. It's cool & new, but not impressive enough yet. I'm sure Verizon will get it straightened out & working better soon, and when they do I will gladly turn it back On and give it another try.
Screenshot_2014-11-02-21-55-39.png

Reactions: cr6