Update to Nova Launcher Beta Brings Normalized Icon Sizes and More

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The easiest and quickest way to bring a stock look and feel to an Android device with an OEM skin is to add the tried and true Nova Launcher. Many launchers came before and even after, but Nova has been the cream that has risen to the top. They have been able to stay relevant with updates bringing new features to their launcher all the time. The latest update rolling out to the beta version of the launcher brings quite a few new features. New features are listed below.

• 4.1.0-beta1 Sept 15
  • Normalize Icon Size – Nova Settings – Look and Feel – Normalize icon size
  • Marshmallow, and Marshmallow grayscale style search bar – Nova Settings – Desktop – Persistent Search Bar, or Long-press in empty space – Widgets – Nova Launcher – Quick Search Bar
  • Runtime permissions on Marshmallow
  • Optimizations and bug fixes
Head to the Play Store and grab the update now!

Play Store

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had to join the beta on G+ . Has that changed?

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No, that should be what you need. I just realized that this OP does say that it's the beta that has the features, so now I feel silly. I skimmed everything until I got to the bullets. Title makes it sound like this has come to the "stable" release of the app. My bad.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any screenshots of the new beta features? I purchased Nova Prime years ago and like it but don't currently use it... It looks a bit dated to me, doesn't have as much polish as some of the others... My N6 is actually just using Google Now at the moment, as none of the other ones are really impressing me these days... The launcher world seems to have either stagnated, or they spend so much time with 100 pages of settings so that you can adjust every icon's DPI on the notification bar, that it just isn't for me...

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
With all the discussions in many different threads where Samsung TouchWiz is said to be such a hog, does switching to a custom launcher eliminate TouchWiz, or is still lurking underneath?
@SquireSCA, I hear you. I played with free ones a couple years ago, and it was neat for a while, but after it becoming "normal" a few days later, the thrill was gone, so I quit using any.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using Tapatalk