New Nova Launcher Update Awesome New Features!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
PBjhDgWOG_1eyJpjuvOO4zMRPRF42L-CcwyyZ1nSbRJnGWGyG-yDw_vAb5wHkYtI0eA=w300

If you are not a fan of the stock OEM skins then you are probably pretty familiar with custom launcher home screen replacement apps. After the release of Ice Cream Sandwich the Nova Launcher quickly took off and became one of the top 3 home screen replacement apps. It stands out by bringing a quick snappy experience while eliminating all of the bloat and extra junk you get with a Stock OEM launcher such as touchwiz or sense.

Nova has just released an update which brings some sweet new features. These new features include some cool new transition animations, and also a new app drawer search features. The search feature could come in handy for anyone who has hundreds of apps installed on their device. The animations are just fun. New animations include slide up, zoom, fade, and circle reveal. These features are not officially supported yet. You will need to be part of the Beta community to give this update a try. If you aren't part of the Beta team you can grab the latest apk from the link below.

Via +KevinBarry

wardo

Reaction score
Anyone have an email for Kevin? I want to be added to the beta

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I thought there was also a way within the app in Settings where you coild go to go sign up unless they took that out.

The circle animation is particularly cool if your app drawer icon is in the middle of the screen instead of on the dock as the circle will radiate outwards in every direction and is more pronounced.

I just need to find a cool graphic to use for the drawer if moving it to the center though. The existing "regular" icons don't fit as I'm too used to seeing those only in the dock.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Played with it for awhile yesterday, it is cool. But I still prefer GO Launcher better, it just looks nicer...

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's unfortunate you have to purchase premium to get a basic function of other launchers, hiding apps in the app drawer. Apex, FTW!

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2