Update to Nougat on my S7 - Not happy

socal droid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S21+
Just wondering what others think about the upgrade to Nougat. For the most part, I really like it, but the biggest issue I have is the small notification font. Perhaps it is a sign I am getting old, but this is a big issue for me. After talking with Samsung tech support, there is nothing I can do about resolving this issue except wait for another update ... assuming that Samsung will fix this problem. There is no way to downgrade my phone, so really not happy.

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
I haven't noticed it as an issue, but then again it's just like my Note 7 was, so I like it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
If you go to settings - display - there should be a font size and display size setting to play with. See if that helps?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

barrettdaniel

Reaction score
I haven't actually noticed it being much smaller, but I have to say I do love the update to Nougat. Just the overall feel and look of the changes, it's a nice update I think.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Abby Normal

Reaction score
I agree with the tiny notifications and all the white now around the apps on the desktops.

There are other small things too.... one thing I noticed today (being the first day with Nougat) it is supposed to save battery but it is NOT on mine.

When I first got this phone S7E I could go 2 days on one charge... then after a few updates I could go one day on a charge.... today I am already down to 31% at this time........and I am not a power user by any means.....

OK, got rid of the white around the icons....turned off the icon frames... DUH... I should have thought of that sooner......

dbronstein

Reaction score
I'm having the problem where led notifications don't work unless you turn the sound notifications on. I also hate that you have to turn your location on to be able to use maps now. And I don't like how when you go to write a text it takes you to the contacts first. In short, I hate it.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Love it. No bugs at all. My battery life is up a tad. I FDRd before the update and after. Wiped cache after.

dbronstein

Reaction score
Have you found a way when you are in messaging that when you tap the create message button it will take you directly to create a message rather than the contacts list?

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
VZ messaging and all text messaging apps I've used before do take you to the contacts list when you tap 'new'. The cursor is bliking on the recipient. App just wants to know who will be getting the new text

dbronstein

Reaction score
The previous versions of android would actually open a new message when you pressed the first new button, which is what it should do. It's very poor design.

And do you have the LED notification issue that is very widespread? LED notifications don't show unless you have sound notifications turned on for an app.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Nope.... No problems here.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
Had the update now for 10 days. No problems, and everything is working great. Battery life has improved a little bit, with plenty of juice to get me through the day.:p

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
My led notifications seen to be working with default notification sound set to silent.
I think my main beef with Nougat is it broke my cable app. Also, now I have to unlock the phone before turning it off. Pretty sure I could turn it off from the lockscreen before.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
I've deleted most of my "third party" apps, in favor of the stock ones. My Gallery, ES File Explorer, Textra, and AquaMail are all gone. The stock ones work just as good, and my phone, with 7.0, is even faster now.:p