Verizon's Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Getting 'Improvements' in New Update

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sim-card-popup.png

Software version VRU2APD2 just started rolling out to the Verizon version of the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. Here's Verizon's description,

"Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a software update for your device. This software update has been tested to optimize device performance, resolve known issues and apply the latest security patches." ~ Verizon

Sound off and let us know when you get this update!

jhoward18

Reaction score
Got the update. May security patch. FoxFi still working on Verizon unlimited plan.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Mine isn't seeing it yet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

wcjeep

Reaction score
Updated mine earlier today. Phone seems fine. Have not checked the new features.

jbal52

Reaction score
Got the update 5/6 and phone works fine. No noticeable problems. On restart after the update, that pesky sd card notification still showed but when I purposely restarted it again, it was gone. Still have to get rid of the need to unlock phone on restart the first time with pattern before you can use fingerprint. A reason to have that has never been explained and it should be eliminated in an update.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Got the update 5/6 and phone works fine. No noticeable problems. On restart after the update, that pesky sd card notification still showed but when I purposely restarted it again, it was gone. Still have to get rid of the need to unlock phone on restart the first time with pattern before you can use fingerprint. A reason to have that has never been explained and it should be eliminated in an update.
You can turn it off!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Let me warn everyone, so many have been locked out of their phones permanently with only a full factory restore as the way back in when their fingerprint readers flake out. It is HIGHLY recommended that you retain a second method of security authentication. The fingerprint reader is far from perfect, nothing compared with those biometric devices on laptops for instance and even they fail. I just spoke to a tier two technical support rep at Verizon yesterday (Saturday), and he informed me this is a very common problem. People who disabled the second method of authentication and then had their fingertips readers flake out wind up calling tech support and he is left with no option but to FDR their phones.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer jackie and foxkat. What ninja trick that jackie discovered i was curious about was how to turn off the sd card notification at startup. Any tips on this?
Good info in those 2 answers though...i was a little curious about the fingerprint thing

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer jackie and foxkat. What ninja trick that jackie discovered i was curious about was how to turn off the sd card notification at startup. Any tips on this?
Good info in those 2 answers though...i was a little curious about the fingerprint thing

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Sorry, I haven't found anything for that one

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Let me warn everyone, so many have been locked out of their phones permanently with only a full factory restore as the way back in when their fingerprint readers flake out. It is HIGHLY recommended that you retain a second method of security authentication. The fingerprint reader is far from perfect, nothing compared with those biometric devices on laptops for instance and even they fail. I just spoke to a tier two technical support rep at Verizon yesterday (Saturday), and he informed me this is a very common problem. People who disabled the second method of authentication and then had their fingertips readers flake out wind up calling tech support and he is left with no option but to FDR their phones.

This is true, but what Jackie advised is not disabling the secondary unlock method, only that the secondary unlock method isn't forced after a restart.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I am aware of this but others may not have been and might inadvertently cause themselves to get locked out of their phones. Even still, the secondary unlock method after reboot is also a safeguard incase the fingerprint reader fails.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am aware of this but others may not have been and might inadvertently cause themselves to get locked out of their phones. Even still, the secondary unlock method after reboot is also a safeguard incase the fingerprint reader fails.

Yes, sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were saying they were the same, I just wanted people to be aware that they could change that setting Jackie pointed out without having to worry about it. Also, you are forgetting that you can ALWAYS use your pw if you have it set up. So if the print reader fails just swipe and enter in the pw.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yes, sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were saying they were the same, I just wanted people to be aware that they could change that setting Jackie pointed out without having to worry about it. Also, you are forgetting that you can ALWAYS use your pw if you have it set up. So if the print reader fails just swipe and enter in the pw.
No need to apologize. I didn't take it that way. Just like you, I only want others to be fully aware of the concern. We all are so good at doing our best to inform that it's only natural that we may accidentally step on another's toe unintentionally. It's all good and is members like you and @Jackiecivic that drive this forum and make it the great resource and community it is.

Thanks for clarifying just the same.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk