Update to Android 2.2

BeachGirlNJ

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, I can't find it.

My Droid just updated itself to Android 2.2 and I'm baffled as to where to find the "tray" icons now. Is there a tutorial or something about this new system that I can read to figure out what's-what and where everything is? LOL, I'm easily confused and still half asleep so I am really having a hard time with the phone this morning. ;-)

Thank you!
Cindi

freesoftwarefan

Reaction score
Even more specifically, tap there on the new center icon, don't press! I went absolutely crazy because every time I pushed that button I held in for too long and got the workspace swapper instead of app launcher. I nearly burst a blood vessel doing google searches for 30 min trying to figure out why it wasn't working

nubby

Reaction score
I just found out this morning, if you tap the buttons to the left or right, you get a preview of all 5 screens and then you can jump to the one you want, rather than scroll over.

OP
BeachGirlNJ

BeachGirlNJ

Reaction score
I had found the little "tiled" box and had tapped it...but then I couldn't figure out how to scroll down to get to the other icons. That's why I asked if I was missing something. Now I discovered it's a little tricky, you have to lightly slide from right to left and the "tray" slides UP -- makes no sense whatsoever but there you go (Bob's your uncle). dancedroid

Thanks everyone!!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
BeachGirlNJ, it SHOULD simply open the app tray as soon as you tap the grid icon (between the phone shortcut and the browser shortcut).

The icons should then scroll with a simple vertical swipe, just like they did with 2.1

RichSmithSWM

Reaction score
I had found the little "tiled" box and had tapped it...but then I couldn't figure out how to scroll down to get to the other icons. That's why I asked if I was missing something. Now I discovered it's a little tricky, you have to lightly slide from right to left and the "tray" slides UP -- makes no sense whatsoever but there you go (Bob's your uncle). dancedroid

Thanks everyone!!

Actually, you don't scroll down. You push the window up. Try moving your finger from bottom to top.