Update to 4.4

KaChow

Reaction score
Are we getting the kitkat update on the hd

You have a good shot at it getting a version of if it, if you have an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER. If not your guess is about as good as getting 4.2.2 or even 4.3.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
H

hayn

Reaction score
You have a good shot at it getting a version of if it, if you have an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER. If not your guess is about as good as getting 4.2.2 or even 4.3.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Well hopefully getting an update of any kind

KaChow

Reaction score
Most likely the form of 4.4 that you will receive will be in the form of a Port that is taken from a Nexus device, that is most likely based off of CM10.3 or higher CM10.4 if 4.3 is ever released.

But do expect that Motorola Droid line should receive Kit-Kat 4.4 before last years HD line or the year priors Razr line unless there is some form of leak (but don't hold your breathe waiting for a leak.)

OP
H

hayn

Reaction score
Most likely the form of 4.4 that you will receive will be in the form of a Port that is taken from a Nexus device, that is most likely based off of CM10.3 or higher CM10.4 if 4.3 is ever released.

But do expect that Motorola Droid line should receive Kit-Kat 4.4 before last years HD line or the year priors Razr line unless there is some form of leak (but don't hold your breathe waiting for a leak.)

Hopefully we get it

buski

Reaction score
i was about to sell my razr but official beanstalk 4.3.1 rom came out ...its the first rom i install and it runs great the phone feels faster.so i guess i will be keeping it for a while :)

djspy

Reaction score
Nope. We'll be lucky if we even get 4.2. There's a big discussion and a lot of pissed off people over this over at the Motorola RAZR HD forums.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
In my eyes, its like this: The Razr HD and Maxx HD have the same internals, and run the software created at the time "fairly" well, the more "updates" we get the buggier and slower the phone will be.

For some reason, this doesnt apply so much to iOS systems, but I do know it has a bigger impact on Androids.

OP
H

hayn

Reaction score
In my eyes, its like this: The Razr HD and Maxx HD have the same internals, and run the software created at the time "fairly" well, the more "updates" we get the buggier and slower the phone will be.

For some reason, this doesnt apply so much to iOS systems, but I do know it has a bigger impact on Androids.

No Kitkat for us then right?

jimmythegent

Reaction score
No Kitkat for us then right?

LOL, 4.4? We cant even get 4.3! or 4.2.2!

Why? A lot of "finger pointing" at Verizon or Moto, but when it comes down to it, this is a major let down.

When Apple announced iOS7, I said to myself there is no way I can probably get this new OS on my 2 year old iPad2's... sure enough I was able to.

And while I dont care for it much, the point is, a 2 year old device was able to upgrade to a SIGNIFICANTLY different OS, while this POS phone that is a year old cant upgrade to an OS thats slightly different?

Starting to lean more and more towards Apple. Sick of Androids inconsistency.

OP
H

hayn

Reaction score
LOL, 4.4? We cant even get 4.3! or 4.2.2!

Why? A lot of "finger pointing" at Verizon or Moto, but when it comes down to it, this is a major let down.

When Apple announced iOS7, I said to myself there is no way I can probably get this new OS on my 2 year old iPad2's... sure enough I was able to.

And while I dont care for it much, the point is, a 2 year old device was able to upgrade to a SIGNIFICANTLY different OS, while this POS phone that is a year old cant upgrade to an OS thats slightly different?

Starting to lean more and more towards Apple. Sick of Androids inconsistency.

Yea I know what you mean but that's just so crazy if we can't even get an update to a newer software.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Yea I know what you mean but that's just so crazy if we can't even get an update to a newer software.

Well look out there now, there are phones that came out when ours did and running 4.2.2, while we are stuck with 4.1.2, what is the difference, surely not much, but still the point.... Android needs to get consistent, if your running Android, ALL phones should have some sort of guidelines that regulate updates at the same time.

Android is a sloppy OS.

OP
H

hayn

Reaction score
So when you guys think its gonna be updated?