update to 2.2 now market will not work

btphelps

Reaction score
Market App from another Droid X

Is is possible for me to copy the Marketplace App from my wife's Droid X to my Droid X and avoid the headaches of a factory reset?

UPuser

Reaction score
Not sure. I tried it with my wife's incredible, but it didn't work. X to X is worth a try...

ptpck29

Reaction score
missing marketplace after 2.2 update

Same happend here. Updated to 2.2 through phones manual update. Once complete and 2.2 was installed, marketplace no longer worked. There is no known fix other than factory reset. Connect phone to your computer and backup everything you want to save. Now do a factory reset from within phone. Go to Settings, Privacy, Factory reset. Once it is completed your phone will reboot and now you will have froyo 2.2 with a working marketplace. Connect phone back to your computer and drag the files you saved back over to phone and your all good. The End.

pnazz

Reaction score
Same here

Market didn't install for me either. I guess I'll do a factory reset when I get home from my honeymoon.

pnazz

Reaction score
Last edited:

LSUTiger2001

Reaction score
Pnazz,

I tried what you suggested and I got the app installed but it still force closes. I tried the suggestion on the website that you linked also for force closes but no dice. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

LSUTiger2001

Reaction score
Well I took the battery out and that seemed to work but now it seems other apps are randomly force closing.

bigd73

Reaction score
Well I took the battery out and that seemed to work but now it seems other apps are randomly force closing.

Have you wiped the cache? Power down your phone. Hold down home key while pressing the power button. When you see the M logo, let go of the buttons. Now, when the android with the exclamation mark inside a triangle shows up, press the search button. Use the volume up/down keys to move up and down on the menu and highlight "wipe cache partition" and press the camera button. It should format your cache. Now the menu should show back up and just select reboot system now. Let me know if this doesn't fix your force close issues, we can go deeper into trouble shooting specific apps if we have to.