UPDATE: Pork Explosion Android Vulnerability Details

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yesterday Jcase announced via twitter that he and his team were working closely with Vendors to patch up a huge Android security bug. The whole announcement was a bit sarcastic in its approach mainly to pick fun at media outlets who overhype mostly theoretical security bugs. Today we get a bit of further clarification on the Pork Explosion vulnerability. Jcase once again confirms that it is indeed the real deal and had this to say about it.

It can gain execution on a phone without installing an app, enabling usb debugging, or visiting a webpage. No faraday cage can protect you from the Pork Explosion.

It can be used to root the phone, ex-filtrate confidential data, bypass code-signing, bypass dm-verity, bypass lock screens, brute force encryption keys and yes even completely circumvent the ever powerful NSA backdoor Linux Kernel security extension called SELinux.

Fear the Pork.

There was one small detail that was left out here that is pretty crazy. Stay tuned for more on this.

via bbqand0days

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Wow! I mean WOW! This is just mind boggling and a real serious flaw. I hope it's fixed soon. Kudos, Jcase!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Wow..dibs on the bacon .If it's not in tiny pieces. Lol