Update of Market Apps. Failing on my TBolt

glamazon

Reaction score
I notice about a week ago that all update of apps. are now failing on my Tbolt. I am not rooted. I have tried clearing the Market cache. That made no difference. Any other ideas of something I can try?

Thanks!

DaveMo

Reaction score
I have has the same problem for the last few days. It all started when my Thunderbolt did on of its infamous reboots while updating 4 applications. Attempts now are always unsuccessful.

I tried uninstalling one and then reinstalling, but it still failed. I also installed the underwhelming update of the OS (what, still Froyo?) and that didn't help.

elgranpagan

Reaction score
I had a similar problem after installing beta for Skype
I removed skype and am ok now
I would suggest uninstalling the most recently installed apps one at a time and test after each uninstall
Let me know of that works
Elgranpagan
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Beardface

Reaction score
Sounds like something that a factory data reset would help resolve.
I am actually now running into the same problem, and it arose while downloading apps directly AFTER a Factory Reset, so that would not solve the problem for me. I'm currently awaiting a callback from the Verizon Rep I spoke with, and hopefully he'll have a fix.

I tried clearing cache, I wiped Market data, and nothing. Still fails. I don't have any other problems, since everything else still works. Just a bit frustrating for now...

Beardface

Reaction score
All apps? or just some?

Try unmounting the SD card first and then installing the app. I ran into that problem on some other devices where some of the apps I wanted wouldn't update / install.

Here's a thread that talks about similar behavior:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-thunderbolt/133769-son-angry-birds-wont-install-2.html
Its a deeper, much deeper problem than that. Apparently, the Market does not recognize that my phone exists. Somehow my phone's information got completely wiped from the Market itself.

Beardface

Reaction score
Update on this...

Apparently, there was an issue with my account that I had been using as my primary account for the past 2 years. It was a school email address that was handled through gmail, so it worked, but there were always bugs with it. Anyway, long story short, there was no fixing it, so I am now using my gmail address as my primary and will contact google tomorrow to see if they can move the information from the old account over, so I don't have to repurchase anything.

DaveMo

Reaction score
My phone still has the problem. Updates tend to fail on the SD card. If I copy the app to the phone and update, the update works.

I already reset to factory settings and it didn't help at all.

Very annoying.

DaveMo

Reaction score
Mounting and unmounting also did nothing.

I suspect the problem is that Android is a half-baked OS.

305rev305

Reaction score
Ok I can fix it for u!!! Plug your phone to a computer and open your to find what's in your SD card. Under...SD card and then look under androidsecure. U will find a file named smdl2tmp1....Delete this file. Will work once u delete the file. It's corrupt. I just fixed mine! It works but u have to use a computer. Astro or any other folder won't let u se it

Last edited:

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Ok I can fix it for u!!! Plug your phone to a computer and open your to find what's in your SD card. Under...SD card and then look under androidsecure. U will find a file named smdl2tmp1....Delete this file. Will work once u delete the file. It's corrupt. I just fixed mine! It works but u have to use a computer. Astro or any other folder won't let u se it

I'll have to try this next time ... And when I have this problem it fixes itself within 2 days.

Psykho

Reaction score
I've been having the same problem but have figured out that its only apps on the SD of you move the app back to the phone and update it should work . You can then move it back to the SD its a pain but seems to work .

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums