front facing camera

bhall238

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has made any use of the front facing camera on the Tbolt. I've heard Skype doesn't work on this phone. In fact I read in the Market reviews that once you install it and find out it doesn't work, you can't uninstall it. Not very good reviews on Tango either. What are you all using the front camera with.

Maybe we should have an App section just for the Tbolt since there are some issues with this phone. The app "My Verizon" is not supported and that was something I used a lot to keep track of my data usage.

kgplucker

Reaction score
I've used the front facing camera for taking pictures. I was very disappointed that Skype mobile doesn't support video since I use Skype all the time from my laptop. I also would like to know what video messaging service people are using.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Reaction score
I tried it out with yahoo messenger and a buddy. The picture was just fine, I didn't expect any better but neither of us could hear the other

OP
bhall238

bhall238

Reaction score
So you're saying that with Yahoo, the supposed purpose of the front facing camera is not working out. You can't have video chatting if the chatting part isn't working. Is anyone having any luck with any video chatting or messengering application?

So far I don't know anyone with a Tbolt to try the video messenger feature out with but was hoping to get an app that would work for when I do.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The front facing camera worked just fine. The audio is what was lacking, which is not new news. Hopefully with the planned update this will work just fine.

PhishyKris

Reaction score
There will be an update for Skype. I've heard they are waiting for LTE stability and to put finishing touches on the app.

MrKleen

Reaction score
There will be an update for Skype. I've heard they are waiting for LTE stability and to put finishing touches on the app.

Waiting for stability... We are never going to get an app then.

Dreas

Reaction score
There are two Skype apps one from Verizon the one you can't uninstall and one from Skype which you can unistall. For video chatting apps you can use Oovoo, Fring or Tango just check the market

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

milwbabyboo

Reaction score
I was in the store to pay my bill yesterday and asked about the my Verizon app because I used it often too. The rep said they do plan on making it work for the thunderbolt also, the developer is working on an update.

Reaction score
I want to know the same thing because skype doesn't work for video on Xoom either. I bought this because I wanted to skype with my kids and so they can video chat with their Grandmother. We're going to use the google talk video client for now, until Skype get their "stuff" together.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Arachnidus

Reaction score

LTE Stability? It's pretty damn stable, from what I can tell.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I don't video chat, but the camera works fine for taking pictures. The quality is less, images are a bit more flat, but that was to be expected.

km04

Reaction score
i let my kids play with it, they love to see themselves as they record video.